Welcome to the Pals Fun Folds Blog Hop!
We hope you enjoy the inspiration we have for you. You will find the lineup to the other great fun fold stampers at the bottom of my post. I love to make easy fun fold cards, because they just add that little bit of detail that makes it stand out from the regular A2 card, don’t you agree? I have seen a few of the Double Flap cards around but this is the first one I have made. So, using the Cottage Rose bundle, I have created this pretty fun fold card and just love how this card turned out! I changed up the measurements a bit to suit my favorite A6 card size, so, if you are interested in that size, the measurements are below. But, if you want to make the A2 size, I recommend this tutorial by Connie Stewart from Simply Simple Stamping.
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, the card dimensions of all layers are:
- Card Base #1: 6″ x 4-1/2″
- Card Base #2: 8-1/2″ x 5-3/4″ and scored at 4-1/2″ on the 8-1/2″ side
- DSP #1: 4″ x 5-1/2″
- DSP #2: 3-1/16″ Square and cut into two triangles
- Cardstock for front panel: 4-1/2″ x 2-3/4″
- DSP for front panel: 4-3/8″ x 2-5/8″
- White Cardstock for inside sentiment
Now, the FUN Part!
- After all of these papers were cut, the triangles were scored by laying them over the large panel, then scoring them once you have found the location from each corner of the rectangular panel. Then, simply snip off any unwanted excess that would show from the back of the panel.
- Once all of the panels are adhered to the to the card base, then it’s time for the fun stamping step. I stamped the flowers (two of each) and colored them with the Petal Pink stampin’ blends markers. Then, the inside of the large flower was fussy cut so I could add a little dimension to the focal point. After that, I stamped more leaves and colored all of them with the Mint Macaron and Smoky Slate markers. Once that was done, I added them to the front panel.
- If you flip that panel up, You come to another front panel for the second card base. For this card front, I decided to add a small sentiment since there wasn’t one on the fun fold portion of this card. After that, I stamped “Best Wishes” in Smoky Slate, I cut it out with a small deckled rectangle die and stamped more leaves and cut them out with the coordinating dies. Then, after adhering them down, I placed the sentiment over them and added a few Polished Dots and a small baker’s twine bow.
- Finally, I cut the inside of the card with the Deckled Rectangle die (LOVE this new die collection!). Then, I cut the flower from designer paper and adhered it to the lower corner and will add a personal sentiment at a later time.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Die Cut Divas Challenge
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge
- Four Seasons Challenge – Spring
- Get Creative Challenge – Use Flowers
- International Art & Soul Challenge – Say It With Flowers
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies Challenge
- Sweet Stampers Challenge – Birthday
- We Love Stampers Challenge – For a Lady/Girl
BEFORE YOU GO!
Sign up between 3–31 May to become a Stampin’ Up demonstrator and receive the following 2022–2024 In Color products in your Starter Kit for FREE!
- Grid Paper! 2022–2024 In Color Grid Paper (item 160009)
- Ink Pads! 2022–2024 In Color Ink Pad Collection (item 161108)
- Cardstock! 2022–2024 In Color Cardstock Collection (item 159204)
- Designer Paper! 2022–2024 In Color 6″ x 6″ (15.2 x 15.2 cm) Designer Series Paper Assortments (item 159253)
HOBBYISTS ARE WELCOME – Be Your Own Best Customer
Purchasing the Starter Kit and joining Stampin’ Up! brings you ALL of the demonstrator benefits. With your demonstrator status, you will:
- SAVE at least 20% ON EVERYTHING YOU PURCHASE!
- NO PRESSURE OR OBLIGATION TO SELL TO OTHERS!
- THERE’S NO RISK! NO PENALTY TO DROP!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE