It’s time for a new letter theme for the Alphabet Challenge – “C is for Cars.” First of all, I was blown away with all of the beautiful blooms from the last challenge! Wow, you all love your florals!! Now, it’s time to move on and see your cards with any type of cars on your card front. Firstly, my card today started with the Sale-A-Bration stamp set, Driving By, that I never got a chance to ink up yet. When I decided to use this one, my first thought was that these cute cars needed a road to be driving on, so the Z Fold just made sense.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Alphabet Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along by May 19th!
My secrets to making this project
- Card Dimensions:
- Card Base: 12″ x 6″ and scored at 3,” and 6.”
- Background DSP: 5-7/8″ square and 2-7/8″ x 5-7/8.”
- #1 Cardstock: 11-7/8″ x 2″ and scored at 6,” and 9.”
- #2 Cardstock #2: 2-3/4″ x 1-7/8″ (2)
- #2 Cardstock #2: 5-7/8″ x 1-7/8″
- Once all of the layers were cut, I began assembling the card base. After the Z was added to the card base, I cut a scrap piece of white cardstock and added it to make the highway stripes.
Now, the FUN Part!
- After that, I stamped the cars and colored them with Stampin’ Blends (listed below).
- Then, I decided to beef up the background a bit, so I cut out two of the tall pines from Garden Green and Old Olive cardstocks and colored them with Stampin’ Blends. After that, I cut a few clouds from the same die collection.
- Finally, I stamped the sentiment in Misty Moonlight ink and cut it out with the Stitched Rectangle die and added a scrap of white cardstock (colored with Bronze blends to make it look like a billboard) and another one for a personal message, which can be used for any occasion.
- The finished size for this card is 6″ x 6″ and folds flat for mailing!
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- LIttle Red Wagon Challenge – Feature Fun Folds
- Simon Says Monday Challenge – Masculine
- Through The Craft Room Door Challenge
BEFORE YOU GO!
Sign up on my team between 3–31 May and receive the following 2022–2024 In Color products in your Starter Kit for FREE!
- Grid Paper: 2022–2024 In Color Grid Paper (item 160009)
- Ink Pads: 2022–2024 In Color Ink Pad Collection (item 161108)
- Cardstock: 2022–2024 In Color Cardstock Collection (item 159204)
- Designer Paper: 2022–2024 In Color 6″ x 6″ (15.2 x 15.2 cm) Designer Series Paper Assortments (item 159253)
HOBBYISTS ARE WELCOME – Be Your Own Best Customer!
Purchasing the Starter Kit and joining Stampin’ Up! brings you ALL of the demonstrator benefits. With your demonstrator status, you will:
- SAVE at least 20% ON EVERYTHING YOU PURCHASE!
- NO PRESSURE OR OBLIGATION TO SELL TO OTHERS!
- THERE’S NO RISK! NO PENALTY TO DROP!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE