I’m finally back with the Alphabet Challenge! Wow, it’s feels like two years and not two months since I have been able to play along. Firstly, my move to Chicago can only be described as a comedy/thriller movie that needs to be made someday. My arthritis has yet to recover from it all, and I still don’t have a craft room. However, I have emptied enough boxes for the time being to be able to craft. I just love the theme for this challenge – “J is for Juvenile” – so I decided to try out the adorable Hippest Hippos bundle, available during Sale-A-Bration only.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Alphabet Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this In The Moment project
- Firstly, I was inspired by this card by Lisa Whitlock. Although her card is so cute, she really didn’t have any dimensions, so I came up with my own. Since this card is quite easy, it didn’t take much, and I will give you a couple of helpful hints, as well.
- Card dimensions for *my* card:
- Card Base: cardstock cut to 6″ x 12″ and scored at 6″ – feel free to use your favorite card dimensions because I did!
- DSP: 5-3/4″ square (2)
- Pop-up #1: 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ and scored at 1,” 2,” 3,” 4.” Then, adhere the 1/2″ side inside to make a square.
- Pop-up #2: 1″ x 2″ – score at 1.”
Now, the FUN Part!
- Once I cut the designer paper, I adhered to the card front. Then, I took the largest circle die from the Stylish Shapes collection and placed it down where I wanted it to cut the window. (SECRET: when I cut it out, then I realized that putting it lower on the card front would affect where to put the pop-up. So, next time I will place it higher so the pop-up can be closer to the fold.)
- After that, I placed adhesive on both sides of the small pop-up so it would stand up and placed it in the middle of the larger pop-up.
- Then, it was time to stamp and color the hippo with Gray Granite stampin’ blends and cropped him out with the coordinating die from the Hippo collection. Once that was done, I popped it up with dimensionals and placed onto the circle that had been cut out from the card front.
- After that, I stamped the sentiment for the front of the card from the Charming Sentiments stamp set and cropped it with the coordinating die. Then, I stamped the sentiment for the inside and cropped it out with the rectangle from Stylish Shapes, and it was also popped up with dimensionals to fold the circle in place.
- Finally, I decided that the card front needed just a little more so I punched out two of the little butterflies out of designer paper with the Butterfly Duet punch. Then, I added the metallic dots for the butterfly bodies.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
BEFORE YOU GO!
FREE PRODUCTS WITH ANY $50 ORDER!Product List
HOBBYISTS ARE WELCOME – Be Your Own Best Customer!
Purchasing the Starter Kit and joining Stampin’ Up! brings you ALL of the demonstrator benefits. With your demonstrator status, you will:
- SAVE at least 20% ON EVERYTHING YOU PURCHASE!
- NO PRESSURE OR OBLIGATION TO SELL TO OTHERS!
- THERE’S NO RISK! NO PENALTY TO DROP!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE