Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop!
This month, the theme is Seasons’ Greetings. This month’s design team members showcase projects inspired by their favorite seasonal time of the year. We really hope that you will be inspired by all the amazing creations the Pals are sharing with you! As you hop from blog to blog, we would love for you to leave a comment. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Oh wow, it feels so good to be crafting again! I took a two month break while moving to Chicago and it was the hardest thing I have ever done – and I honestly hope I never have to move again! I’m not sure if I will be able to do much crafting since I really don’t even have a craft room yet, but I have really missed the blog hop.
My card for you today depicts the scene outside my new house where I put a new bird feeder to entertain my grandson (and me, of course). The Garden Birdhouses stamp set was the perfect choice to go with my favorite pattern in the Rings of Love DSP pack. Although this card could be done for any time of year or season, I just love fall – at least before it starts to look more winter here in the north!
My secrets to making this Quiet Meadow project
- Firstly, this card is a pocket fun fold card and it’s a great way to showcase your designer papers! All I did was cut the paper to 6″ x 12″ and scored at 4″ and 8.” Then, on the 6″ side, I scored at 1/2,” which secures the bottom of the card by making the little pocket once you trim off the two ends to the score lines.
- If my directions aren’t clear for you, here is a Splitcoaststampers Criss Cross tutorial, which is basically the same process.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Once the fun fold portion was complete, all I had to do was make a panel with Night of Navy cardstock ( 5-3/8″ x 3-7/8″).
- After that, I cut Crushed Curry cardstock to 5-1/8″ x 3-5/8″ and white cardstock to 5-1/16″ x 3-4/8.”
- Then, I cut out three leaves from the Forever Flourishing dies. But guess what? – I couldn’t find the Stampin’ Blends I wanted to use to color them. So, I inked up a small stamp block and used it to color the leaves with a blending pen to the first one. After that, for the second one, I decided to add water to that block and watercolor the leaves. Finally, I figured out where my box of Blends were and colored the third one with the Soft Suede marker.
- Then, I stamped and colored the birdhouses and little birds and snipped them out.
- The sentiment was stamped in Soft Suede ink and cropped out with the stitched circle die from Stylish Shapes.
- After that, I decided that I needed a little more detail so I cut a banner in Crushed Curry.
- Before I started placing these items onto the card base, I wrapped the Linen Thread around it and tied it into a bow. Then, I started attaching all of the elements from the bottom up, ending with the Brass Butterflies. Finally, I decided to add a little pull tab at the top of the inside panel, using the smallest circle die in Stylish Shapes.
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team.
The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, mark your calendars for our next blog hop on September 14th. Our theme will be Focus on the Sentiment, when the design team will showcase a sentiment as the focal point of their project.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
FREE Sale-A-Bration Items with any $50 Order!!Product List
HOBBYISTS ARE WELCOME – Be Your Own Best Customer!
Purchasing the Starter Kit and joining Stampin’ Up! brings you ALL of the demonstrator benefits. With your demonstrator status, you will:
- SAVE at least 20% ON EVERYTHING YOU PURCHASE!
- NO PRESSURE OR OBLIGATION TO SELL TO OTHERS!
- THERE’S NO RISK! NO PENALTY TO DROP!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
This is such a cute project! The birdhouses are a perfect compliment to the paper. Love the pocket card. Relax and enjoy your grandson!
So glad to have you back Debbie! Your beautiful layers are the perfect celebration of the new place. Such beautiful work for our Pals Hop! Be Well Friend as you settle in!
Beautiful card with beautiful details! Glad you are getting back to stamping and doing what you love.
I love the use of the birdhouses with the Designer Series Paper.
Such a great fun fold, Deb! Love the birdhouses with this designer paper!
Such a pretty card! Glad you’re getting settled into your new home and looking forward to more of your beautiful projects!
Absolutely beautiful card! Debbie, I am so happy your are moved, settling in, crafting again and most importantly spending time with Noah.
Very pretty Debbie! I love the layout, the fall color palette, and all the layers you have added. Beautiful!!
You know how to grab my attention, Debbie!!! LOVE this fun fold card with the birds, bird houses and color scheme! I’ll take a look later at the rest of the Pals, but had to see this one since we had discussed it briefly. And, most of all, keep those adorable pictures of Noah coming. I want this one, please!!!
Your card is stunning. I’m happy to see you back with a card. I hope you get your card room set up before long. Noah looks very happy and content watching the birds. What an adorable picture! Enjoy your week!
I was so surprised to get an email letting me know you had posted! Welcome back from the land of moving. Your fun fold is one I haven’t tried yet and it’s very beautiful. To me, that bird pattern is the best in the package. Now I understand the difference between the PALS hop and the upcoming one on the 23rd. I can be a little dense at times. In any event, I’m off to hop with the rest of Mary’s pals. I love the view Noah has from his cute little chair. TFS. Have a beautiful day.
Debbie this is so darling!! I love this set and you’ve really highlighted it. Perfect to combine it with that dsp! I’m going to have to pull out my set now!
The colors are on this card are so pretty. I love the little butterflies!
So fun! I love your colors and all the layered dies!! Beautiful!
What a lovely card! Your grandson looks darling and I love his chair!