It’s time for a new Creative Creases challenge. Firstly, thanks to all those who participated in the last challenge! If you haven’t played in the challenge yet, I hope I can inspire you to join the challenge that’s starting today! The Top Pick for the last challenge can be found in the Creative Creases post that you will find HERE with the link to enter the current challenge at the bottom of the post. Scroll down to see my design team card, using the Nature’s Harvest bundle.
Nature’s Harvest Faux Stepper Card
My card for you today is a Faux Stepper Card. One of the great benefits of doing this challenge is you all inspire me with your fun fold creations! Although I love making center step cards, you all showed me that the “faux” variation is so much fun and versatile as well. So, I got out my favorite autumn stamp set, Nature’s Harvest, and paired it with the new Texture Chic designer paper. I just love how this card turned out, so thank you all for putting your beautiful creations in the gallery to inspire the rest of us.
My secrets to making this In The Moment project
- Firstly, I used the Mixed-Up Crafts tutorial to create this 6″ square card.
- Cardstock measurements:
- Main Card Base: 11″ x 6″ cardstock and score on the 11′ side at 1,” 2,” 5-1/2,” 9″ & 10″
- Faux Stepper Card Base:
- Front Panel: 3-1/2″ x 7-1/4″ and score on the 7-1/4″ side at 1/2″ & 6-3/8″ and the
- Back Panel: cut at 3-1/2″ x 6-3/4″ and score on the 6-3/4″ side at 5-7/8.”
- Middle Panel on the Faux Card Base: 3-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ Cardstock (2) & 3″ x 5-1/4″ designer paper (2) to mat & layer the middle section.
- Small Side Panels: 1″ x 3-1/8″ Cardstock (4) and 3/4″ x 2-7/8″ designer paper (4) to mat and layer on the small side sections.
- Bottom panel: 5-3/4″ x 3/4″ Cardstock to cover the front section and 5-5/8″ x 5/8″ designer paper to cover the bottom strip panel (2)
- 4″ x 4″ cardstock and score at 1″, 2″ & 3″ to attach to the inside of the card to give the card stability.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Once the paper layers were cut, I stamped and colored the floral image from Nature’s Harvest with Stampin’ Blends markers (colors listed below). After that, the image was embossed with the Tasteful Textile embossing folder then cut with the Spellbinders Hemstitch Ovals dies. (#S5-332). Then, I cut the gold foil paper to layer behind it and popped it up onto the card base.
- Then, I stamped the sentiment from Apple Harvest with Soft Suede ink and cropped it out with the long sentiment die in the Harvest die (so happy they coordinated).
- Finally, to complete the front, I colored the Sprig Trinkets with the Bronze Stampin’ Blends marker and added the gems from the Leaf Label & Amber Gem Combo Pack.
- Card Back: I layered Very Vanilla onto the gold foil paper, then cut the flower die with the gold foil. Then, I stamped the sentiment from the Charming Sentiments with Soft Suede ink and cropped it out for the bottom panel.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Dare 2B Artzy Challenge – Shaped or Fun Fold Cards
- International Art & Soul Challenge – Birthdays
- Paper Shelter Challenge – Autumn
- Simon Says Stamp Challenge – Anything Goes
- Through the Craft Room Door Challenge
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE