The Alphabet Challenge has a new theme starting today and I get to be the host! So, since autumn starts this month (at least in the Northern Hemisphere) and we are on the letter L, I chose “Leaves” – let’s make those leaves part of the focal point of your cards. My card for you today uses the very popular Perched In a Tree bundle, with the sweet bird and the great aspen die for the background.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Alphabet Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this In The Moment project
- My A6 card started with some retired Naturals White cardstock that I unearthed recently while unpacking my craft stuff. Firstly, I cut it to 9″ x 6-1/4″ then scored it at 4-1/2″ on the 9″ side.
- After that, I cut more of the Naturals White cardstock to 4″ x 5-1/2,” cut it with the Aspen die. Then, I cut the Sun Prints designer paper to the same size. After adhering them together, I adhered them to the Night of Navy cardstock, cut to 4-1/8″ x 5-5/8″ and adhered them to the card base.
Now, the FUN Part!
- After that was done, I stamped and colored the bird with Stampin’ Blends markers. (Full disclosure: this bird can be challenging for coloring-impaired stampers like me! I tried multiple ways/colors with Stampin’ Blends as well as Blending Brushes to get him just right. After practicing a few times, I got a few that I liked enough to use LOL and this one fit the colors I was going for but I hope to continue trying to color this little bird better.)
- After that, the rest of this card came together very easily, first stamping and cutting the branch, then the floral die was cut and colored. The leaves were also cut out of Crumb Cake cardstock.
- Then, the sentiment was stamped in Night of Navy and cropped out with the Deckled Rectangle die. Before adhering it to the card, I took a piece of bakers twine and looped it under the sentiment.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- NBUS Challenge – New stamp set and dies
- Try It On Tuesday Challenge – Animals (hoping you consider birds as an animal!)
- Moving Along With The Times Challenge
- 613 Avenue Create Challenge
- Simon Says Stamp Challenge – Stamp it
BEFORE YOU GO!
HOBBYISTS ARE WELCOME – Be Your Own Best Customer!
Purchasing the Starter Kit and joining Stampin’ Up! brings you ALL of the demonstrator benefits. With your demonstrator status, you will:
- SAVE at least 20% ON EVERYTHING YOU PURCHASE!
- NO PRESSURE OR OBLIGATION TO SELL TO OTHERS!
- THERE’S NO RISK! NO PENALTY TO DROP!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at email@example.com!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE