The Alphabet Challenge enjoyed all of the wonderful Nature cards you shared with us! So, now we are on to the next letter of the alphabet – “O is for Outer Space.” After playing with all of your autumn and floral supplies, won’t it be fun to do something totally different? I sure enjoyed getting a new stamp set and dies out to play, and I know you will, too! For my card today, I created a spinner card (first one EVER!), using the Give It A Whirl dies, with the adorable Stellar Birthday stamp set that is now retired.
My photos are showcasing an image and sentiment from Stellar Birthday on the spinner part of the card with the third from A Grand Kid stamp set. I think this card will be perfect for my grandson, don’t you? The Give It A Whirl dies can be used for so many types of cards and images, so you should give a spinner card to go soon.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Alphabet Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this card started with Night of Navy cardstock, cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5-1/2.”
- After that, I cut out the retired card base from the July 2020 Paper Pumpkin Add On kit with the die with the Give It A Whirl dies.
And now, the fun part!
- Then, I started stamping and coloring the little astronaut and rocket ship with Stampin’ Blends (colors listed below). Once that was done, they were easily fussy cut.
- After that, I cut out the stars and clouds with the dies.
- Then, it was time to start putting the spinner component of the card together. So, I cut out the spinner circle die and stamped the sentiments and the doggie astronaut onto the three areas that are outlined on the die.
- ASSEMBLY OF THE SPINNER: Turning the PP cardstock onto the back, I placed a brad through the hole, placed the spinner circle, then a small metal flat washer before closing the brad, which allows the spinner to work smoothly. After that, I placed dimensionals all over the entire panel to give the spinner more room to spin before adhering it to the back of the Smoky Slate cardstock.
- Finally, all of the elements were added to the card front with glue and dimensionals.
I’m sharing the card with these challenges:
- A Place To Start 5/8
- 613 Avenue Create 2/8
- Through The Craft Room Door 2/4
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies Challenges 1/3
- Creative Moments
- NBUS (used stamp set and dies for the first time)
- Use Your Stuff
- Happy Little Stampers Birthday
- Crafty Friends
Before You Go!
I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment if you have any questions or comments about my project today.
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE