Make My Monday has a new challenge starting today – “Winter (not for Christmas).” I love making winter cards so I pulled out an old embossing folder first and created a pretty snowy background panel. Then, I thought a cute gnome from Kindest Gnomes would be a great focal image. So, now what goes with a gnome – how about some trees and a peaceful forest friend from Grassy Grove!?
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Make My Monday Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
- Firstly, this card base is 4-1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5-1/2.”
- After that, I cut a white panel with the stitched rectangle die.
- Then, to create the snowy background, I inked up the front panel of the retired Winter Snow embossing folder. After that, I rolled my brayer across the folder, then embossed it through the die cutting machine for colorful texture. Once that was done, I cut it with a smaller rectangle die.
- Finally, I cut another rectangle from scrap paper, then tore it across the top to add a layer of snow,
And now, the fun part!
- Next, I stamped the gnome and did my best with coloring him. Once that was done, I cropped him out with the coordinating die. I did an extra one out of white cardstock to give him a little dimension.
- After that, I inked up the Grassy Grove trees three times and cut them all out.
- Then, I thought a gnome would be friends with the animals of the forest, so I inked up the deer and cut him out, too.
- Before gluing it all down, I stamped the “Warm Wishes” from Kindest Gnomes onto the snow panel.
I’m sharing my card with these challenges:
- 613 Avenue Create
- A Place To Start
- Can You Handle the Pressure
- Crafty Catz
- Creative Moments
- Critter Crazy
- Cut It Up
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies Challenges
- Sweet Stampin’
- Through The Craft Room Door
- Try It On Tuesday
- Use Your Stuff
Before You Go!
I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment if you have any questions or comments about my project today.
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Enter the Creative Creases Challenge HERE with any fun fold card!
- Complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE