It’s time for the next letter of the Alphabet challenge – “S is for Snow” and I am watching it fall outside my window as I type this! I bet you all are so jealous right now LOL but whether you like snow or not, it’s always pretty on a card at least, right? Snowman Magic is retiring so it just made sense to play with it one more time, and this time I made it a shaker card. I decided to use a couple of the new In Colors because I haven’t had much of a chance. I firmly believe that not all snow cards have to be white, but tell me what your favorite color combination is in a comment below.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Alphabet Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, I made this card from the inside out again so it ended up a bit bigger than I intended.
- To start, I cut a piece of white cardstock to 4-1/4″ x 5-3/8″ then I cut it out with the Snowman background die.
- After that, I cut a piece of window sheet and In Color designer paper to the same size, I adhered them all together with the snow sequins with adhesive strips.
- Then, I adhered it to the Granny Apple Green cardstock and distressed the edges. If you want to keep this card to the A2 size, you can stop here! However, I decided to add one more layer of cardstock, Starry Sky, to go with the designer paper.
And now, the fun part!
- After that, the rest of the card was easy – I stamped the wonderful sentiment from Perched In A Tree and cropped it out with the Double Oval Punch.
- Then, I cut out three of the trees with Granny Apple Green cardstock.
- Finally, to finish the card front, I stamped and cropped out the little bird and added the matte dots to the snowflakes.
- Since every card needs a place to add a personal message, I cut white cardstock and stamped the “Merry Christmas” from Celebrate with Tags in Starry Sky ink and cut out two more trees. Then, I layered it onto Granny Apple Green cardstock before adhering it to the back of the card.
I’m sharing my card with these challenges:
- A Place To Start
- Crafty Friends
- Creative Moments
- Cut It Up
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies Challenges
- Sweet Stampin’
- Taylor Made Cards 4 U
- Through The Craft Room Door
- Try It On Tuesday
- Use Your Stuff
Before You Go!
I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment if you have any questions or comments about my project today.
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Enter the Creative Creases Challenge HERE with any fun fold card!
- Complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
A stunning shaker card Debbie
P.S. -That is one heck of a lot of snow, my friend! That is a sign to stay in your craft room…..
Such a fun interactive Christmas shaker card! Wonderful colors and very festive dies!! Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It Up! ~Katrina
It’s a beautiful card with the fun shaker element! I don’t mind the snow as long as I or other family members have to drive in it. That little humor you shared could be me this Thursday when I have to take my daughter to the dentist LOL. Expecting a snowstorm Wednesday night into Thursday morning!
Thank you so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge! Happy Holidays!
Lovely card! Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !
Chana Malkah, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
A Place to Start , Challenge Blog
613 Avenue Create , Owner
Love your sense of winter humor. Your card is amazing. I really like the vivid colors paired with those tiny shaker pieces. Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff