I’m so excited! Double Trouble Challenges asked me to be their Crazy Cousin (guest designer) for the month of December! They have such a fun challenge and I would love to see you play along with me. The “rainbow” theme caught my eye as I was thinking what to make, then I remembered the retired Sunshine & Rainbows designer paper in my stash. After that, I knew that this card would have to be a fun kid’s birthday card so I got out the “new to me” This Birthday Piggy stamp set and coordinating dies. After that, I pulled out the retired Sunny Sentiments stamp set and made a cute all-occasion card. Do you have a favorite? I’d love to know in a comment!
Card #1: This Birthday Piggy – “Thing 1 Choice of Theme & Colors”
- Firstly, this card measures 9″ x 5-7/8″ and scored at 4-1/2.”
- Card Measurements
- I chose the patterned paper from the Sunshine & Rainbows pack, then cut two of them to 2-7/16″ x 5″ and cut them in half on the 5″ side. After that, I took the other paper and cut it to 1-1/2″ x 5″ and cut it at 2-1/4″.
- After that, I glued them in place onto white cardstock, giving them a bit of the border. Then I trimmed the white cardstock to 5-1/2″ x 4-1/8.” Although the panel turned out a bit bigger than I wanted, it turned out cute!
- Once that was done, I glued it to the Misty Moonlight cardstock.
And now, the fun part!
- After the card base was done, I stamped the piggy image and colored it with Stampin’ Blends. Then, I cropped it out with the coordinating die.
- Although I didn’t want to cover up the background too much, the image needed an anchor so I cut out an oval and popped it up with dimensionals.
- Then, I thought it would be cute to have the piggy sitting in the adorable wagon so I cut it out twice. They were glued together and I paper pieced the little white pieces, securing them with a small piece of tape on the back.
- Finally, I stamped the sentiment and cropped it out with the banner die from Stylish Shapes.
Card #2: Sunny Sentiments – “Thing 3 Rainbow Colors”
- Firstly, this A2 card started with Pool Party cardstock that was cut to 11″ x 4-1/4″ and scored at 5-1/2.”
- Then, I cut the patterned rainbow paper to 5-1/8″ x 3-7/8″ and layered it onto white cardstock and glued to the card base.
- After that, I simply fussy cut the rainbow out of the designer paper and punched out the cloud.
- Then, I stamped the sentiment with Misty Moonlight ink and cropped it out with the Stylish Shapes oval.
I’m sharing the card with these challenges:
- Through The Craft Room Door
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies Challenges
- NBUS (stamp set and dies)
- Pattie’s Creations
Before You Go!
I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment if you have any questions or comments about my project today.
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Enter the Creative Creases Challenge HERE with any fun fold card!
- Complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE