Welcome to the Fun Folds Blog Hop with Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators!!
This is our first blog hop of the year so I hope you all had a great holiday season! I bet you are back in your craft space and looking for some inspiration with your new SU goodies. So, I have been having fun with a couple of different folds lately and wanted you to see one of them today; the book-binding fold really couldn’t be easier. Then, I paired it with the Framed Florets bundle and the beautiful Dainty Flowers designer paper from Sale-A-Bration, free with any $50 order.
Once you are finished here, you will find the lineup of the other fun fold stampers further down in my post. We hope you enjoy the inspiration we have for you.
Card #1: Framed Florets with Dainty Flowers DSP
- Firstly, this card is a 5-1/2″ square card – Old Olive cardstock was cut at 5-1/2″ x 11″ and scored at 5-1/2″ and 6-3/4.” Once that is done, adhere the narrow panel down to create the book-binding fold.
- Then, I cut the Starry Sky cardstock to fit the card base at 5-1/8″ x 1″ and 5-1/8″ x 3-3/4.”
- After that, I cut the Dainty Flowers designer paper to fit into the cardstock panels by cutting them to 5″ x 7/8″ and 5″ x 3-5/8.” Then, the panels were glued together and placed onto the card base.
Now, on to the FUN Part!
- Once the card base was done, I stamped the flowers in Rich Razzleberry ink and colored them with Rich Razzleberry and SU100 Stampin’ Blends markers. Then, I cropped them out with the coordinating die.
- After that, I stamped the leaves with Old Olive ink and colored them with Granny Apple Green and Old Olive Stampin’ Blends. Then, they were cropped out with the coordinating die.
- Once that was done, I stamped the sentiment from Framed Florets in Starry Sky ink and cropped it out with the oval die in Stitched Shapes. Then, I popped it up onto the card base with dimensionals and adhered the flowers and leaves.
- Since I felt the focal point still needed a little more detail, I cropped out the branch in white cardstock and colored it with the Old Olive Stampin’ Blends. Then, I cut it into two pieces and adhered it under the oval piece.
- Finally, I added a double bow made from Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon and glued it under the flowers, and placed the Iridescent Pearls in the center of the flowers.
Card #2: Adorable Owls Card with Happy Forest Friends DSP
- Since many crafters prefer A2-sized cards, I decided to share this masculine one that I made, as well. The process is exactly the same so I won’t bother typing out everything except the paper measurements.
- Card Base: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ and scored at 4-1/4″ and 5-1/4.”
- Cardstock Panel: 3/4″ x 5-1/4″ and 3″ x 5-1/4″
- DSP: 5/8″ x 5-1/8″ and 2-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- The list of products used is below and if you have any questions about the details, let me know in a comment.
I’m sharing my projects with the following challenges:
- 613 Avenue Create
- A Place To Start
- Crafty Catz
- Cut It Up
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday
- Krafty Chicks
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies Challenges
- The Paper Funday
- A Perfect Time to Craft
- Use Your Stuff (hopefully the fun fold counts!)
BEFORE YOU GO!
I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment if you have any questions or comments about my project today.
Then, if you enjoyed my projects today, please be sure to…
- Visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Enter the Creative Creases Challenge HERE with any fun fold card!
- Complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Now, head to the Lineup below to see even more fun fold inspiration!
- Beth McCullough
- Debbie Mageed <<<< You are HERE!
- Jackie Beers
- Karen Finkle
- Lisa Ann Bernard
- Melissa Seplowitz
- Rae Burnet
- Sue Jackson