Alphabet Challenge has a brand new theme starting today – “V is for Vellum” and I will be hosting this one! I chose vellum because I love the look of it on a card but keep forgetting to use it. Since vellum can be challenging to color, I cropped out beautiful designer paper to layer behind it! Although it was an experiment of sorts, I think it turned out beautifully. If you like it, can you let me know in a comment?
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Alphabet Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along! I just might be choosing your card as one of the winners!
- Firstly, this A2 card started with white cardstock, cut at 4-1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5-1/2.”
- After that, I cut the new Favored Flowers designer series paper to 4″ x 5-1/4″ and adhered it to the card base.
And now, the fun part!
- Since I needed to use vellum on my card, I wanted to find a fun new way to use it. So, I stamped the beautiful stamp from Fragrant Flowers onto the vellum with Memento Black ink and let it dry completely, which can take a few hours. If you would like to use it immediately, you could stamp it with Stazon ink, which I had considered. But my stamp is photopolymer, and I didn’t want to stain it too badly.
- After that, I cut out the same floral image from the Favored Flowers paper (SAB designer paper and FREE with any $50 order) with the coordinating die in the Fragrant Flowers bundle, and carefully adhered it in place with vellum tape.
- Then, I cut out white cardstock with the Scalloped Contours die and cut out the middle section and glued it on top of the vellum (also cut with the same die). Once that was done, I popped it up with dimensionals around the edge of the die.
- I took another flower and adhered it to the corner of the panel.
- After that, I stamped the Hello sentiment and cut the ends with the new Happy Labels Pick A Punch to mirror the scallops on the panel.
- Finally, to finish off the card front, I added a very simple white baker’s twine bow and a few Classic Matte Dots.
And on the inside…
- Finally, to finish the inside of the card, I cut white cardstock with the Scalloped Contours die and layered it onto black cardstock.
- Then, I stamped the sentiment from the Framed Florets stamp set and added one of the small flowers that I had cut from the designer paper.
I’m sharing my card with these challenges:
- 613 Avenue Create
- A Place To Start
- Crafty Catz
- Cut It Up
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies Challenges
- The Paper Funday
Before You Go!
I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment if you have any questions or comments about my project today.
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Enter the Creative Creases Challenge HERE with any fun fold card!
- Complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
A wonderful pic of Noah Debbie,my boys loved playing with their Brio train sets too.Thanks for a great challenge,love the way the vellum softens the floral colours
Debbie, this is beautiful and you made the DSP and Vellum do all the work basically. Good thinking! I, too, forget to use Vellum and I think you have given me reason to get it out!! Noah does love Thomas, doesn’t he!
Very nice I found this DSP paper to be quite dark but this method seems to give it a different look.
Fabulous card Debbie. Love how you framed the center and covered it with vellum!
I love the way vellum softens colors and adds a touch of elegance! Your card is lovely! Thanks for the inspiration to use vellum in a card soon!
Beautiful and what a clever way to use vellum.
Thanks for joining us at Pammie’s Inky Pinkies.
Absolutely gorgeous florals and card design. Noah is so sweet! Thanks for playing along at the Paper Funday Challenge and we hope to see more from you soon.
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Very pretty! Thanks so much for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
A lovely card.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT xx
Beautiful card thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz
Absolutely beautiful!!! Thank you so much for sharing this work of art!!!