Hello and Happy New Year, Stampers!
I’m starting out the new year with a new challenge at Make My Monday – “Something New” in my stash. I’m absolutely positive that I am not the only one who got some fun products recently, so we would love to see what you got! Stampin’ Up has a new catalog launch that’s just 3 days away and as a demonstrator I was able to order from it last month (just one of the great perks of joining!). So, I just had to have this wonderful Nested Friends bundle and loved creating this card with it.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Make My Monday Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this A2 card started with Crumb Cake cardstock, cut at 4-1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5-1/2.”
- After that, I cut the Favored Flowers designer paper with a Stitched Rectangle die and layered it onto white cardstock. Once that was done, I adhered the panel onto the card base.
And now, the fun part!
- Firstly, to create the focal point, I cut out the two piece nest in Crumb Cake cardstock and colored them with the Crumb Cake stampin’ blends marker. Then, I glued them together.
- After that, I lightly blended some Balmy Blue ink onto white cardstock, then stamped the spotted stamp over that. Once that was done, I cropped it out with the egg dies.
- After that, I stamped two branches and colored them with stampin’ blends (Crumb Cake and Gray Granite on the branches and Granny Apple Green, Crumb Cake and So Saffron on the leaves) very lightly in small, sweeping brush strokes. Then, they were cut out with the coordinating die.
- Then, I cut out the Layering Diorama shape to anchor the branches and nest to the card front.
- Once that was done, I stamped the bird, colored it lightly with Balmy Blue and cut it out with the coordinating die.
- Then, I stamped the sentiment in Crumb Cake ink and cropped it out with the Double Oval Punch and layered it onto Crumb Cake cardstock that was punched out with the coordinating scalloped oval.
- Finally, I decided that the card needed a little sumthin-sumthin, so I cropped out the small leaves and lightly colored them. Then, I glued them on the sentiment and around the nest. Once that was done, I added some dots to the sentiment and the top of the card.
I’m sharing my card with these challenges:
Before You Go!
I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment if you have any questions or comments about my project today.
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Enter the Creative Creases Challenge HERE with any fun fold card!
- Complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Brand New Stampin’ Up! Products used are (links added on Jan. 5th):
- Nested Friends Stamp Set
- Nested Friends Dies
- Nested Friends Bundle
- Favored Flowers Designer Series Paper
- Enamel Dot Essentials