Make My Monday has a new theme starting today – “Love is in the air.” Since this is a great time to make an anniversary card for our 34th wedding anniversary this week, I chose to make a card that DH would love – a beach scene. The Sunkissed stamp set was in our last mini catalog but I wasn’t able to use it till now. Then, I paired it with the new By The Bay designer paper that’s currently available in our new mini catalog.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Make My Monday Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
- Firstly, this card started with white thick cardstock that was cut at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ and scored at 4-1/4.”
- After that, I cut the By the Bay designer paper to 5-1/4″ x 4″ and layered it onto the card base.
And now, the fun part!
- Once that was done, I stamped the beach scene image in Soft Suede ink, using my Stamparatus. Then, using a dauber, I inked up the palm leaves in Granny Apple Green ink and stamped over the first layer. After that, I added more Granny Apple Green ink to the area around the palm trees. I also used Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blends ink for the ocean and Ivory Stampin’ Blends to look like sand. Once I was done, I cropped it out with a stitched rectangle die and popped it up onto the card base.
- Then, I found the “Love you” dies in my stash, so I cut them with Night of Navy and white cardstock and glued them to the card base.
- Finally, I decided the card needed a little sign of life, so I inked up the birds from Let’s Set Sail and stamped them next to the palm trees.
Then, on the inside…
- Finally, I cut another piece of By The Bay paper and adhered it to the card base. Then, I stamped the shells and pelican to white cardstock in Soft Suede ink and cut it out with the stitched rectangle die to finish the card.
I’m sharing my card with these challenges:
- 613 Avenue Create
- A Place To Start
- Crafty Catz
- Cut It Up
- Krafty Chicks
- NBUS (stamp set)
- Pattie’s Creations
- Taylor Made Cards
Before You Go!
I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment if you have any questions or comments about my project today.
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Enter the Creative Creases Challenge HERE with any fun fold card!
- Complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE