We have a new Alphabet Challenge starting today – “X is for XOXOXO (hugs and kisses).” This theme gave me just a bit of an issue until I found the cute banner in Celebrate With Tags stamp set; problem solved!! So, of course, I had to play with the dies that are bundled with it as well as a wonderful new designer paper, Regency Park. Even though this card isn’t my usual style, it feels so soft and perfect for spring!
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Alphabet Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
- Firstly, this A6 card started with white 12″ x 12″ cardstock, cut to 4-1/2″ x 12″ and scored at 6.”
- After that, I cut two coordinating designer papers to 3-7/8″ x 5-3/8″ and adhered them to the card base with opposing slants onto the card base, as shown.
And now, the fun part!
- Once the background was done, the rest of the card went fast and easy! Firstly, I cropped out the tag and cut it in half will use the other half for another card).
- Then, I stamped the Celebrate with Tags sentiment in Night of Navy ink and cropped it out with the stitched circle die in the coordinating dies.
- After that, I stamped the XOXO stamp in Navy ink and cropped it out with the banner die.
- Then, I cropped out the candle with Navy and Petal Pink cardstocks, layered and glued them together.
- Since there needed to be just a little more on the tag, I fussy cut one of the flowers in the Regency Park designer paper, then added a few Milky Dots as well as some retired Navy baker’s twine (with the thread pulled apart) tied into a bow.
Then, on the inside…
- Finally, for the inside, I cut Night of Navy cardstock and layered more Regency Park designer paper on top. A simple birthday greeting from Nested Friends leaves plenty of room for a personal message later.
I’m sharing my card with these challenges:
- 613 Avenue Create
- A Place To Start
- Crafty Catz
- Creative Knockouts
- Krafty Chicks
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies Challenges
Before You Go!
I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment if you have any questions or comments about my project today.
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Enter the Creative Creases Challenge HERE with any fun fold card!
- Complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Love the papers you chose for this fabulous layout and card,a beautiful make Debbie, a beautiful pic of Noah and your neighbours baby.
Fabulous card, like the papers and design! Darling picture of Noah and neighbor!
Gorgeous Debbie. Thanks for joining us at A Place to Start this month for our Pick a Pallette challenge
Nice card :), hugs Blankina
Can I purchase this card from you please?
You always have amazing creations and this is no exception! I am always happy to see your inspiration at PIP Challenges!
Debbie, I love your layered look here. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!
613 Avenue Create DT
Creative Em my blog
Debbie, your cards are also so beautiful. I enjoy your cards very much. The papers are such beautiful colors and you know how to bring out all the details of the DSP.
Thank you very much for sharing your talent with the world.
Another Beautiful card thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz this week