We have a new challenge starting at Make My Monday – I am the host for this one so I chose “All Creatures Great and Small.” I have become a bit obsessed with the current series on PBS, and have probably watched it three or four times. So, needless to say, I recommend it to anyone looking for a sweet story with loveable characters, and a great storyline – and the cinematography is spectacular. Anyhoo, since I haven’t used it in a long time, I used Dragonfly Garden stamp set for my “creature” and paired it with the beautiful Dainty Flowers DSP (free with a $50 order).
Once you finish here, I hope you visit the Design Team gallery for more great inspiration and play along!
My Dragonfly Garden Card Secrets!
- Firstly, this A2 card started out with Balmy Blue cardstock, cut at 4-1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5-1/2.”
- After that, I cut the Dainty Flowers designer paper and sponged it with Balmy Blue on the top, Old Olive on the bottom, and a small Petal Pink strip in the middle to create a different look for this paper. Then, I layered it onto white cardstock and adhered it to the card base.
And now, the fun part!
- Once that was done, I stamped the dragonfly onto vellum cardstock and allowed it to dry, then colored the wings on the opposite side with the Rich Razzleberry Stampin’ Blends marker. After that, I punched it out with the coordinating Dragonfly Punch.
- Then, for the sentiment (found in Happiness Abounds), I stamped it in Mossy Meadow ink and cropped it out with the large circle die in Stylish Shapes. Mossy Meadow cardstock was used to cut out the scalloped circle from the Layering Circle dies.
- After that, I cut Blushing Bride cardstock with the large banner die and wrapped it with white baker’s twine into a bow.
- Finally, the layers were popped up with dimensionals and an Epoxy Dot was colored and mounted onto the dragonfly.
Then, on the inside…
- Lastly, for the inside of the card, I sponged a piece of white cardstock with Blushing Bride ink and adhered it to Blushing Bride cardstock.
- Then, I stamped the happy birthday sentiment and butterflies in Mossy Meadow ink.
I’m sharing my card with these challenges:
- 613 Avenue Create
- A Place To Start
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies Challenges
- The Paper Funday
- A Perfect Time to Craft
Before You Go!
I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment if you have any questions or comments about my project today.
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Enter the Creative Creases Challenge HERE with any fun fold card!
- Complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Your dragonfly looks beautiful in Vellum I can imagine the sunlight shining through it’s wings,beautiful papers and layout,
Hope you are all well,many thanks for your comments.
Debbie, this is lovely. I keep forgetting about my older stamp sets and this one goes perfectly with our new DSP.
This card is beautiful!!! It’s the perfect combination of all the elements. So happy to see that dragonfly again.
Very pretty. Love the vellum dragonfly and he looks great on the pretty paper.
I’m glad you brought the dragonfly back! I love the card!
You’ve chosen your colours perfectly Debbie! That dragonfly is stunning! Thanks for joining us on the front porch at 613 The Avenue Create, hope we’ll see you again soon!
Beautiful colors…beautiful composition…suitable for so many occasions .
Debbie, I love your designs and so glad you are willing to share and allow me to use your ideas. SU is fortunate to have you representing our products.
Congratulations on your selection as one of our Master Rockers in 2022! Your work inspired and delighted us! Thanks so much for your support!
Chana Malkah, Owner
613 Avenue Create
Such a gorgeous card, love the design layout! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge, we look forward to seeing more of your lovely projects soon.
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us this week at Pammie’s Inky Pinkies. Hope to see you again. Bonnie DT