A new Alphabet Challenge is starting today; the theme is “Z is for Zodiac” – not a theme that I have ever had before, so I was more than just a little intimidated. Then, I remembered the new By The Bay designer paper had the perfect image, Crabs! After that, the rest of the card came together quite easily once I researched the attributes of Cancerians. Your cards can be anything related to the zodiac, so we look forward to seeing your makes!
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Alphabet Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
- Firstly, I made the card base with Night of Navy cardstock, cut at 5-1/2″ x 11″ and scored at 5-1/2.”
- After that, I wanted a dark designer paper to showcase the light crab images, so I cut the DSP 1/8″ smaller than the white cardstock that was cut at 5″ square. Then, I decided that the card needed just a little bit of balance so I layered a light designer paper onto the card base before adding the background panel.
So now, the fun part!
- After the card base was done, I started cropping out the crabs from the By The Bay designer paper, doing as many I could.
- Then, I typed out the Cancer centerpiece and printed it out on my computer. Confession: I actually did this part twice. The first one was used and I completed the card with the crabs around it, but I wasn’t happy with the quality of the print. Because it looked a bit pixelated, I decided to try another way of printing it and that one turned out much better. This is why you see white underneath the second centerpiece, which I had to cut smaller to fit into place.
- So, after I printed out the centerpiece, I cropped it out with Beautiful Shapes hexagon die. After that, I popped it up in the middle of the card with dimensionals.
- Using the hexagon points as my guides, I popped up the crabs in alternating colors on each side.
- Then, I stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy ink and cropped it out with its coordinating die.
- Finally, I added three little Milky Dots for a little bling.
Then, on the inside…
- So, keeping the inside simple, all I did was cut more designer paper (5-3/8″ square) then layered on top of it a white cardstock panel that was cut to 4-7/8″ square.
- Finally, I stamped the Charming Sentiments stamp with Night of Navy ink.
I’m sharing my card with these challenges:
- 613 Avenue Create
- A Place To Start
- Cut It Up
- Krafty Chicks
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies Challenges
- The Paper Funday
- Seize the Birthday
- Use Your Stuff (let me know if crabs don’t count as “animals”!)
Before You Go!
I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment if you have any questions or comments about my project today.
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Firstly, visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Enter the Creative Creases Challenge HERE with any fun fold card!
- Also, complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Then, follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
A fantastic layout showcasing the crabs and sentiment perfectly
That was genius for your creation! What a cool hair salon. Have a great weekend.
What a great take on the challenge, Debbie. It is perfect and beautiful! What a wonderful salon for Noah! Enjoy your day!
Gorgeous card, great complimenting paper to make your image shine!
Wow, what a great idea! (And that sure looks like a fun place to get a child’s haircut! Lucky Noah!)
I agree, there weren’t those fun seats at the barber shop when my son was young and getting him to sit still was nearly impossible. Also, I’m a July baby so this card really catches my eye. Thanks for playing along at the Paper Funday Challenge. We enjoy seeing all the creativity.
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Awesome and creative card. Love the way you used the images as a frame! Great pic of the Barbershop too! What a cutie! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday and for using our topping!
This was a very challenging challenge for me too. Love what you came up with, creative and educational! Thanks for sharing over at Krafty Chicks this week!
love the colors you used for this-so nice! thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenges!
Love the soft colors and the image arrangement. Thank you for joining our Cut it Up Add Embellishments challenge.
Larelyn (CIU owner)
What a pretty card! Super job!
Very happy to see this in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
Please come back again!
The best of luck with your entry.
Jackie, DT member at 613 xx
Lovely birthday card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at A Place to Start!
Chana Malkah, Owner
What a very pretty card!! Love the color combo and the pretty card design!!!
Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
Have a great day.
Absolutely beautiful card. I love the soft images of the carb. Thanks for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff. Also, I agree about the kid salon. Mine are too big for that too