It’s time for a new Creative Creases challenge! Firstly, thanks to all those who participated in the last challenge; If you haven’t played in the challenge yet, I hope I can inspire you to join the challenge that’s starting today! I watched a tutorial for an Accordion Flap card at Create with Alyson on Facebook, then put this card together very quickly with scraps of Fitted Floral designer paper that were just too pretty to throw away. The sentiments are part of the Framed Florets stamp set to make a birthday card since I am always needing them.
Once you’re finished here, check out the current Creative Creases challenge; just click the button below!
My Card Today
As I stated, this Accordion Flap card followed Alyson Mayo’s tutorial, although I did change some of the measurements and added the cardstock on the panels for my card. So, my measurements are listed below but Alyson’s measurements would work for you, as well.
- Firstly, I made the card base, using Balmy Blue cardstock that was cut at 4-1/4″ x 11″, which was scored at 1-1/4″, 1-3/4″, and 2-3/4″ on both ends on the 11″ side.
- After that, I made these panels from scraps!
- Panel #1: Cardstock – 4-1/8″ x 1-1/8″ (4) and Designer Paper – 4″ x 1″ (4)
- Panel #2: Cardstock – 7/8″ x 4-1/8″ (4) and Designer Paper – 3/4″ x 4″ (4)
- Flap Panel: Cardstock – 2″ x 8-1/2″ then the front uses 1-7/8″ x 4-1/8″ cardstock and I used white cardstock pieces cut at 1-7/8″ x 4-1/8″ (2) for a personal message.
- I made panels with cardstock and designer paper, but you can use just use designer paper if you’d like.
Now, the FUN part!
- Once that was done, the rest of the card was very quick and easy! Firstly, I used the oval from the Framed Florets dies and stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy ink.
- Then, I cut out the floral design from the Fitted Floral designer paper with the Fitted Floral coordinating die. After that, I cut out two more from white cardstock to pop it up and give it some weight on the oval piece. Finally, I added a few Opal Rounds for some bling.
Then, on the inside…
- Since I forgot to photograph the card base before adding the panels, I hope these photos help you see how it’s constructed.
- I left the inside of the flap pretty simple so that I can add a personal message or can add more when I’m ready to send it. On the inside, I stamped “Celebrate” on the top flap so there would be more room for a personal message if I need it.
- Then, I just got a great idea for this fun fold for next time! So, I am dating myself by saying “Stay Tuned”!!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- 613 Avenue Create
- A Place To Start
- Crafty Catz
- Cut It Up
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies Challenges
- The Paper Funday
- A Perfect Time to Craft
- Seize The Birthday
BEFORE YOU GO!
I love hearing from you, so leave a comment if you have any questions or comments about my project today.
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Firstly, visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Enter the Creative Creases Challenge HERE with any fun fold card!
- Then, complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me,
- And follow me on Pinterest!
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
I love this gorgeous card, Debbie. This is a new-to-me design. I feel a CASE coming on. Love the sweet picture of Noah. Enjoy your day!
Thank you so much for sharing!
Great multifold card! Someone will love this. Thanks for joining in at STB
This is absolutely gorgeous! I always look forward to seeing what type of fun fold you’ll come up with! Thanks for playing along at the Paper Funday Challenge. We enjoy seeing everyone’s lovely projects.
Inspiration Station Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Wow! Your card is gorgeous! I love all the panels, and the flip part in the middle makes it an even more unique design! I’ll have to give this a try sometime soon!
Oh, I love it Debbie! You’re using one of my favorite suites. I’ve not seen this magnificent fold before. Thank you for sharing!
Great fun fold card. Will have to try this one. Thanks for sharing
I have to tell you this type of card is out of my wheelhouse, but I love to see them. Amazing creativity! Thanks for sharing with us at Paper Funday Challenge!
This is amazing. It is a card you give to someone you really care about with all the work and planning!
Hi Debbie, such a lovely layout and what beautiful papers – I can see why you wouldn’t want to throw them out! Great fancy fold too! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 The Avenue Create! Hope to see you playing on our street again soon!
Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!
Wow!! Your card is just beautiful! All of those folds look so fun too. Thank you for joining us this week at Pammie’s Inky Pinkies. Hope to see you again. Bonnie DT
Hi Deb! Your card is so FAB! Thank you for sending the cards I purchased from you in such a timely manner!
Any chance you’d like to sell this one too? Also.. I have a customer whom wants me to make her a CASED card from you, but I do not have the Celebrate with Tags Bundle #159867. Would you be willing to sell that as well? I’d really appreciate it as I do you !
Let me know ASAP please and “Thank you!”
What an amazing fold and a beautiful card. Thank you for joining our Cut it Up This Makes Me Happy challenge.
Larelyn (CIU owner)
This card fold is so perfect for show off these beautiful papers! A truly fabulous creation and great color scheme!
Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge! Hope to see you back again soon!
Pretty card, thanks for sharing your accordion flap card using such beautiful paper. Thank you for joining us at Cut it Up for our Makes me Happy challenge.
Lovely card thanks for sharing at crafty Catz this week hope to see you again in the next challenge.
Very nice! Great papers! Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create!
Chana Malkah, Owner