We have a new challenge starting at Make My Monday – “P is for …” – and mine is Purple. After seeing the Love For You bundle in the mini catalog, I knew that it would be in my forever stash because “Love you so much” is one of my grandson Noah’s favorite things to say and hear; it melts my heart every time! Then, I chose the beautiful patterned paper from the Enjoy The Journey designer paper that is in the current mini catalog. So, this card was specially made for Noah and his parents, who love to visit beautiful natural places when they get some time off of their very busy schedules.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit the Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
Create this card using Love For You by Stampin’ Up! DebbieMageed SecretsToStamping #LoveForYouStampinUp #FunFold #stampinup #sharesunshine #stampinupdemo #stampinupcards #stampinupdemonstrator
- Firstly, this 5-1/2″ square card started with Highland Heather cardstock, cut at 11″ x 5-1/2″ and scored at 5-1/2.”
- After that, I cut the Enjoy The Journey paper into a 5″ square and layered it onto white cardstock. Then, I adhered the panel to the card base.
- Finally, to help the card stand so that it can be displayed easily, I cropped a piece of the Highland Heather cardstock to 5-1/2″ x 2″ and scored it at 1/2,” 1,” and 1-1/2″ then glued it to the bottom of the card.
And now, the fun part!
- Honestly, the designer paper does most of the work on this card, so all I had to do was cut the words from Highland Heather cardstock and lightly glued them to the large circle of white cardstock, cut from Stylish Shapes die.
- After that, I popped it up with dimensionals, I decided that one of the large trees from the Majestic Mountain dies would give a little more detail. So, I cut it out and colored it with the Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends marker. Then, I lightly glued it to the card front.
- Finally, I inked up the bird stamp in Gorgeous Grape ink to give the scene a little life.
Then, on the flip side…
- After the front was done, then I cut Gorgeous Grape cardstock to make a 5-1/4″ square and layered white cardstock on top.
- Then, I inked up the sentiment from the Limited Edition stamp set with Gorgeous Grape ink.
- Finally, I cut another tree, colored it with the Smoky Slate marker and lightly glued it to the card.
I’m sharing my card with these challenges:
- 613 Avenue Create
- A Place To Start
- Crafty Catz
- NBUS (dies and designer papers used for the first time!)
- The Paper Funday
- Dragonfly Dreams
Before You Go!
I love hearing from you! So, please leave a comment if you have any questions or comments about my project today.
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Firstly, visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- After that, make a fun fold card for the Creative Creases Challenge HERE!
- Then, complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Purple mountains majesty – pretty purple card Debbie.
This is beautiful Debbie, such lovely papers and colours, fabulous die cut tree and sentiment.
Your grandson sounds like a real sweetheart!
Thank you for joining in at Crafty Catz this week.
A beautiful mix of cardstock design paper and diecuts,a gorgeous peaceful scene. The sentiment is so special
Beautiful card, really love that die cut sentiment and that purple color scheme. Thank you for sharing with us at the Paper Funday Challenge!
Beautiful card in purple, and hearing that from sweet Noah would melt my heart too! Thanks for sharing your project with us at the Paper Funday Challenge and we look forward to seeing more from you soon.
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
I love this card so much! (You are one lucky Gramma!) Have a great day and enjoy the new catty!
What a beautiful card! I love that paper. It may have done most of the work on your card, but what you added was the perfect amount. I struggle with adding too much sometimes. Thank your for sharing and playing along with Polkadoodles ~ Wendy