It’s time for a new Creative Creases challenge. Firstly, thanks to all those who participated in the last challenge! If you haven’t played in the challenge yet, I hope I can inspire you to join the challenge that’s starting today!
Once again, you have inspired my card for you today! I saw Liz Cavill’s three-panel card in our gallery and she had a link to Lesley’s tutorial, which has a wonderful video and instructions HERE. For my card today, I used my favorite designer paper from the annual catalog, Texture Chic, and paired it with the coordinating Season of Chic and Seaside Bay bundles.
My Card Today
Today’s project is a Three Panel card; so easy to make and a wonderful way to use designer paper – my kind of card! Since I changed the sizes of the panels that Lesley used a bit, her tutorial can still help you see how it looks. Then, I used Texture Chic designer paper and paired it with the coordinating Season of Chic and Seaside Bay bundles.
- Firstly, to create the card base, I cut a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/4″ and scored it at 1,” 2,” 3,” and 4,” on the 8-1/4″ side. Then, on the 5-1/2″ side with the score lines at the top, I measured down 3/4″ from the top edge and cut all the way to the 3″ score line. After that, I measured down to the 1 1/2″ mark and cut only to the 1″ score line. Finally, I cut on the diagonal from the 3″ cut to the 4″ score line and the 1″ cut to the 2″ score line.
- Then, after I made the card base, I cut panels as follows:
- Back Panel: Cardstock: 5-1/4″ x 4″ and DSP: 5-1/8″ x 3-7/8″
- Middle Panel: Cardstock: 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″ and DSP: 4-5/8″ x #-3/8″
- Top Panel: Cardstock: 4″ x 3″ and DSP: 3-7/8″ x 2-7/8″
Now, the FUN part!
- Top Panel: After cutting and adhering the cardstock and DSP to the card base, then I cut the Distressed Gold paper with the die from Seaside Bay. After that, I stamped the sentiment and cut it out with the stitched circle die. Then, I punched out Crumb Cake cardstock with the 2″ Circle Punch and centered the negative cardstock to punch the Decorative Circle Punch. Finally, after gluing the out punch piece down, I started building the rest with dimensionals, as shown.
- Middle Panel: After adhering the panel to the card base, then I stamped the sentiment from Seaside Bay, cropped it out with the small stitched square die, and layered it onto Crumb Cake cardstock. After that, I stamped the clamshell with Crumb Cake ink and cropped it out. Then, I stamped the pearl, covered it with a small piece of packing tape (which adds just the right amount of gloss that a pretty pearl would have), and cropped it out with the coordinating die. Also, I added a shell from Seaside Bay that was lightly sponged with CC ink and added a few of the pearl embellishments.
- Back Panel: Finally, I added the cardstock and DSP panel, and added a white panel for a personal message, making sure that it wouldn’t be seen when the card was completely closed. Although the card is meant to be displayed open, I thought it was worth the extra effort to make sure it didn’t show. Then, I stamped the shell from Season of Chic with CC and Petal Pink and cropped it out with the coordinating die. After that, I cut and colored a couple of the small shells and added a few more pearls for good measure.
So, this is a template of the card base…
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Crafty Catz
- Creative Crafters
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies Challenges
- The Paper Funday
- A Perfect Time to Craft
- Seize the Birthday
BEFORE YOU GO!
I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment if you have any questions or comments about my project today.
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Enter the Creative Creases Challenge HERE with any fun fold card!
- Complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
REALLY LOVE THIS CARD DEBBIE , THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING. CARMEN
ALSO JUST LOVE YOUR CAT, PETS ARE SO WONDERFUL TO HAVE I COULD NEVER BE WITHOUT MINE.
I’m always so happy when I scroll all the way to the end, expecting to see Noah, but delighted to see Ms. Bella and the stand off…lol. Now, about your card…WOWZERS!! Thank you for the measurements and link to a video. I must give this a try even though I hardly have any DSP…NOT! Enjoy your weekend.
Debbie, your card is gorgeous. I love this DSP, the fun fold, and all the elements you used. So pretty! Enjoy your day!
Wow – really love this card.
Another beautiful card (and great template for the directionally challenged) that uses up beloved DSP!! That squirrel is a bold one….
Love this card very much! Am also a fancy fold fan.
What an amazing card! This has so many layers and it all came out wonderfully! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenges.
Love your cat picture Also your cards are great.
A beautiful seaside themed card, Debbie. And another amazing card fold!
Thanks so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month!
Your cards are always so inspiring and I find I always get some new inspiration from your designs!! Thanks for always joining in with us at PIP Challenges!
what a stunning shaped card, lots of nice details, thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge, Tilly
Beautiful card Debbie. Love all the fun folds and the papers you used. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.
Debbie, I so enjoy seeing all the lovely folds you share and appreciate the instructions. This is another lovely one, Thanks for playing at the Paper Funday Challenge!
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
This is a pretty card, Debbie! I have not seen such depth on a fun-fold card like that before. Awesome job! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!
Hi Debbie- this is such an interesting fold you are showing here. I may have to try it. Whoever gets this card will love it
Fabulous card, I like this fun fold and your choice of designer paper and stamped embellishments. I look forward to seeing your creations each challenge!
Great fun fold. Do you mind itI try to CASE?