Welcome to the Fun Folds Blog Hop with Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators!!
We hope you enjoy the inspiration we have for you because we love to make fun fold cards! They just add that little bit of detail that makes it stand out from a regular card. This fun fold is such a great one for you to try since it’s just a gatefold with a couple more scores and cuts to create the pop-out panel. Since I wanted to use the Sweet Songbirds bundle that I just got at the end of Sale-A-Bration, I thought it was a good fold to try. So, I will give you the instructions below to make it super easy for you!
Then, you will find the lineup of the other great fun fold stampers at the bottom of my post.
Firstly, the card base…
- I saw LeAnne’s card HERE which was inspired by THIS VIDEO.
- Firstly, I made a prototype from copy paper so I have the photo of it above. Since I only put the measurements on one side, just turn the paper to do the exact measurements on the other side.
- Card measurements: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ cardstock and score at 2-1/8″ on both sides for a basic gatefold card
- After that, cut between the score lines at the 1-1/4″ mark from the top and bottom of the card
- Then, score at the 3″ mark between the cut lines on both sides of the card
- Finally, score at 4-1/4″ from the edge to the cut lines
Then, the FUN Part!
- I made DSP panels for each section:
- 2″ x 5-3/8″ panels for the outer panels (2)
- 2″ x 1-1/8″ panels for the upper and lower inside panels (4)
- 3/4″ x 2-7/8″ panels for the middle inner panels (2)
- 2-3/8″ x 2-7/8″ panels for the center panel (1)
- Firstly, to decorate the card, I stamped the bird in Night of Navy ink and cropped it out with the coordinating punch. After that, I colored the little beak with Mango Melody and glued all of the elements together.
- Then, I stamped the nest on Crumb Cake paper with Soft Suede ink and fussy cut it out.
- Once that was done, I punched out two of the branches with the Bough Punch and colored them with Stampin’ Blends.
- Before popping the bird and nest onto the Middle Panel, I stamped the musical notes in Night of Navy ink. Then, I adhered them together with the panel popped up with dimensionals onto the card base.
- Then, I made the hanging basket from dies in the Enchanting Details collection, cutting the hanger, plant, and container. After that, I colored the plan and container and added a small scrap of Crumb Cake behind the container.
- After that, I used the retired Tree Builder Punch and colored the leaves.
- Then, I added a couple of clouds from the Majestic Mountains, sponging the edges with Balmy Blue ink and popped them up with dimensionals.
- After that, I added a “sun” by stamping the sentiment in Navy ink, cropped it out with the circle die, and colored the edge with Mango Melody for a fun touch.
- Finally, I added the Navy Enamel Dot Essentials for the eyes, which don’t show up well in the photos but are cute IRL.
Also, don’t forget the belly band!
- Firstly, the belly band was easily made with a strip of Balmy Blue cardstock, cut at 1-1/2″ by 8-1/2″ and trimmed down with the ends adhered together under the centerpiece.
- After that, I cut two squares, one white and one blue, so that the blue one could cover the back of the white one with the belly band in between.
- Then, I stamped the songbird with Navy ink, added the beak that was colored with Mango Melody, and punched him all out.
- Before popping him up on the white square, I stamped the little feet and the musical notes.
- Once that was done, I stamped the sentiment and cropped it out with the Washi Label Punch (retired but much loved).
- Also, I added a banner made from designer paper and glued it to the belly band. Then, I added the white square panel on top and popped it on top of the blue square panel with the belly band in between.
BEFORE YOU GO!
I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment if you have any questions or comments about my project today.
Now, head to the Lineup below to see even more inspiration!
- Jessica Atchison
- Karen Finkle
- Rae Burnet
- Beth McCullough
- Tara Carpenter
- Mary Deatherage
- Debbie Mageed <<< You’re HERE!
- Sue Jackson
I’m sharing my card with these challenges:
- 613 Avenue Create
- A Place To Start
- Crafty Catz
- Creative Moments
- Cut It Up
- Krafty Chicks
- Paper Funday
- Seize the Birthday
- Sweet Stampin’
- Taylor Made Cards 4 U
- The Paper Funday
- Use Your Stuff
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Firstly, visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Enter the Creative Creases Challenge HERE with any fun fold card!
- Also, complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Then, follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Adorable little birdy on a great fun fold, Debbie! 🙂
The belly band is so tweet 😉 Love your cards, especially the clouds and colors you chose.
Too sweet! I love the fold and the sweet songbird was perfect for this! TFS and thanks for invite!
Gorgeous card Debbie it’s so sweet and a great fold too. Happy creative week, Angela xxx
Love this Card! I am going to try it! TFS!
Beautiful card and great fold!
What a great card design! I haven’t seen that unique fold before, and you’ve done such a lovely job decorating it!
I bet Noah had a fun time on the train!
Such a cute card, I really love that belly band! Thanks for sharing the measurement template, looks like a fun one to try.
Debbie your card is delightful, great fold (thanks for the tutorial), love the papers and the sweet little bird. Thank you for joining in at Sweet Stampin’ it fits our theme perfectly!
Adorable card with a sweet birdie! Thanks for sharing all the measurements, I’ll have to give this one a try. And Noah looks excited to ride the train. I hope it was a fun ride for him. Thanks for sharing your project with us at the Paper Funday Challenge and we look forward to seeing more from you soon.
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Such a fun spring card and such a fun fold! Thanks for sharing the directions. Thank you for joining our Cut it Up Add Embellishments challenge.
Larelyn (CIU owner)
That little bird is so cute! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenges!
What a sweet little birdie in that fun gate fold card. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday. And adorable picture of Noah.
Super design and the bird is so sweet. Thanks for playing with us at Creative Moments
Another fab entry for our challenge at Crafty Catz
Beautiful creation thank you for joining in over at 613 this time. Do join in again we would love to see you there Elaine DT x
Awesome fun fold! Thanks for another lovely submission to our challenge at 613 Avenue Create!
Chana Malkah, Owner
Your little blue bird is adorable and I love how the center of the card pops out. Thanks for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff
This is such a fun card, Debbie! I love how the center pops out. Thank you for sharing the process and all of the fun pictures. Hope you’ll come back to the card chain sometime.
Have a wonderful day!