Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop!
This month, our blog hop theme is Party Time! We hope you will be inspired by all the beautiful creations the Pals made for you! As you hop from blog to blog, we love reading your comments. Then, you will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal. Are you ready to party? If so, Taco Fiesta is the best stamp set to use! This stamp set brings back lots of memories of fun birthday parties in our family, so I just had to have it. Since the stamps are on the smaller side, I thought this fun fold would be a great way to use them. My daughter is a huge fan of Mexican food so this card is perfect for her birthday this year.
- Firstly, I used this Splitcoaststampers Fold Back Pop-up tutorial, which I have used once before with THIS card. This time I followed the tutorial quite closely and decided to make one more panel to fix how the middle panel looked LOL!
- Card Base: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ cardstock, scored at 2-1/8″ and-4 1/4″ to make an A2 card
- #1 (Back): Cardstock – 5-1/4″ x 4″ and DSP – 5-1/8″ x 3-7/8″
- #2 and #3 (Front and Middle): Cardstock – 5-1/4″ x 1-7/8″ (2) and DSP: 5-1/8″ x 1-3/4″ (2)
- #4 (added to cover up the middle panel) Cardstock – 3-3/8″ x 1-3/8″ and DSP – 3-1/4″ x 1-1/4″
Now, the FUN Part!
- After that, I “cheated” a bit and used the Stitched Squares in Stylish Shapes dies; 2 small white squares and a larger in Sweet Sorbet. Then, I cut Sweet Sorbet cardstock 1/8″ bigger to layer the white ones onto and 2-1/8″ square of Hello, Irresistible DSP for the middle one to fit inside.
- After that, I made the panel for a personal message using the same square for the middle image square. Then, I layered it onto Sweet Sorbet cardstock. I measured the back panel to center it and glued the square panel down.
- Middle Square: One of the corners of the middle square was cut off, then scored diagonally. My “fix” for not adhering the square down before adhering the panel was adding another small panel. This gave a little more interest as well as another place to add more food.
- After that, I stamped and colored the fun images in Taco Fiesta. Then, I popped them up with dimensionals onto the three squares.
- Once that was done, I added the top and bottom squares to the front panel, using the front panel cardstock edge to line them up.
- Then, I stamped the sentiment on the front panel in Sweet Sorbet ink.
- The card was looking pretty cute but I felt the top corners could use a little decoration, so I stamped a couple of the sombreros and hot peppers. Then, I colored them, fussy cut them and glued them in place.
- Finally, I added a few In Color Dots to the front of the card.
Getting Hopping for More Inspiration!
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are so excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on April 12th, when our theme will be Flowers in the Garden, showcasing cards/projects with flowers.
Until then, have fun in your craft space!
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop Lineup
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping <<< You are HERE!
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
I’m sharing the card with these challenges:
- 613 Avenue Create
- A Place To Start
- Crafty Catz
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday
- Krafty Chicks
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies Challenges
- The Paper Funday
- A Perfect Time to Craft
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Firstly, visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Enter the Creative Creases Challenge HERE with any fun fold card!
- Complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
This is so fun! I love the fold, the images, and the papers. You layered this so different with the images and it is wonderful!
Debbie, this is a fun fun-fold card! Love it and I’m sure the recipient will, too. Great pic of Noah. Enjoy your day!
Beautiful, cute, tasty! Love this fold. Glad I scrolled all the way to the end. My aunt and uncle lived on a hill along side the train tracks and I always loved it when the engineer would do that.
Cute card and great fun fold with all those elements lined up perfectly.
Great picture of Noah.
I absolutely love the Taco Fiesta birthday card. All the special details make it so very pretty. Thank you , not only for sharing your beautiful card, but also for the additional websites for instructions. Much appreciated.
A fun, Fiesta Time fold to be sure Debbie! Always a pleasure to see how you put your own stamp on our Pals Hop!
What a fiesta! Super cool card!
Love your fun-fold card. Looking forward to trying it.
Noah is so cute, maybe he’ll be an engineer when he grows up.
Your fun fold works great to show off that cute taco set! Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks (and for the cute photo of Noah!)
Holy Guacamole! Love this Debbie. It’s always fun to see the “Adventures of Noah” too. He’s so cute.
Our son loved trains at that age, too! Brings back happy memories! Your birthday card just screams fun, Debbie! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell
Love this, Deb! The design works perfectly with tacos and guacamole! A great way to celebrate a party!!
“Taco” about a fun card, Debbie! Noah is such a handsome boy. We also have a grandson who loves trains, but unlike Noah, only at a distance!
This is a party time fun fold for sure Debbie. Love it!!!
You amaze me again. I love your take with the unconventional colors for taco celebrations. And that is a new fold to me. I am so into fun and fancy folds. Thanks again for introducing me to something new.
I see you live in Chicago. I grew up right next to Chicago, spent many days downtown, ended up working in Chicago and finally moved out of state from the suburbs. Family still in Chgo. And surrounding area. I now live in a culturally diversive and culture dessert. At least I have memories. Be well.
Lovely card fold and card design. Thank you for joining us at a Pace to Start this month, hope to see your lovely art work back here again soon. Judy DT https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/
Love the fold and Fiesta themes, especially the Burrito tucked inside! And Noah is so sweet, love his smile! Thanks for linking up at the Paper Funday Challenge and we hope you’ll play again soon.
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
This is such a fun design and great color combo! And Noah is getting so big!
Thanks so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Thanks for playing along with Paper Funday Challenges Blog!
What a fab card Debbie! I love that fancy fold and you’ve made great use of the smaller images! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 The Avenue Create! Hope to see you playing on our street again soon!
Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!
Great card! Love the fold, and that background paper is SO pretty! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge!