A new Alphabet Challenge is starting today, and the theme is “B is for Black & White.” Although these are not my usual colors for a card, I have always loved seeing a great black and white card and wanted to see if I could do it justice as well. So, I used the Ginkgo Branch bundle for the first time and love how this card turned out.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Alphabet Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
- Firstly, this card is 5-1/2″ square, using white cardstock cut at 5-1/2″ x 11″ and scored at 5-1/2.”
- After that, I cut a scrap piece of Perfectly Penciled designer paper, cut it to 2-3/4″ x 5-1/2,” and adhered it to the card base.
And now, the fun part!
- So, the Ginkgo Branch die made the perfect focal point of this card, and I hope you can see the embossed details on the leaves.
- Then, I used white cardstock (cut to 4-5/16″ square) and embossed it with the Timeworn Type embossing folder, then sponged Smoky Slate ink very lightly to give it more texture. Once that was done, I layered it onto black cardstock, cut to 4-1/2″ square. Then, I popped the panel up with dimensionals onto the card base.
- After that, I added the black mini dimensionals to the Ginkgo leaves and placed it on the white panel.
- Finally, for the sentiment, I inked it up and cropped it out with the Ginkgo Branch die making it a bit shorter by cropping it off at each end. I did this so I could layer it onto black cardstock that was cut with the same die. Then, I added Festive Pearls and Classic Matte Dots to finish my card.
Then, on the inside…
- Finally, to complete the inside, I cut more of the same designer paper, cut to 5-1/4″ square, and white cardstock, cut to 4-1/4″ square.
- Then, I added another Gingko Branch die for a simple finish and will add another sentiment at the time I want to use it.
I’m sharing my card with these challenges:
- 613 Avenue Create
- A Place To Start
- Crafty Catz
- Cut It Up
- NBUS (stamp set & dies are new)
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies Challenges
- The Paper Funday
- A Perfect Time to Craft
- Use Your Stuff
Before You Go!
I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment if you have any questions or comments about my project today.
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Firstly, visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Enter the Creative Creases Challenge HERE with any fun fold card!
- Then, complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, you find out what’s new with SU HERE