A new Make My Monday challenge is starting today and the theme is “Clean and Simple.” Jackie is our host for this challenge and she said that you could add one layer, so hopefully I met that requirement. Anyone who follows me should know that this challenge gives shivers down my spine but, since I just purchased the Petal Park bundle once I saw that it carried over to the new annual catalog, I thought I might be able to pull it off this time. I love having a flower punch handy, don’t you?
Once you finish here, I hope you visit the Make My Monday Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
- Firstly, this Petal Park card started with thick white cardstock, cut to 4-1/4″ x 11,” and scored at 5-1/2″.
- After choosing the colors I wanted to use, I used a scrap of Hello, Irresistible designer paper that was 2-1/8″ so all I had to do was trim it to 4-1/4″ and adhere it down.
And now, the fun part!
- After that was done, I stamped the leaves outline stamp in Parakeet Party and filled it in with a second generation stamping and the coordinating leaves stamp.
- Then, I stamped the outline flowers stamp with Sweet Sorbet ink then filled them in with Flirty Flamingo ink with the coordinating flower stamp. After that, I punched them out with the Petal Park Builder Punch and popped them up with dimensionals.
- Once that was done, I added some little dots in Flirty Flamingo ink and cropped it out with a Deckled Rectangle die.
- Then, I stamped the sentiment from Cheerful Daisies and cropped it out with the Tailor Made Tags and tied a bow with white bakers twine.
- I added Enamel Dots to the flower centers and popped both the panel and the sentiments banner up with dimensionals.
I’m sharing my card with these challenges:
- 613 Avenue Create
- A Place To Start
- Beautiful Blossoms
- Crafting Happiness
- Krafty Chicks
- NBUS (Stamp set and punch are first-timers!)
- A Perfect Time to Craft
- Seize the Birthday
Before You Go!
I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment if you have any questions or comments about my project today.
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Firstly, visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Enter the Creative Creases Challenge HERE with any fun fold card!
- Then, complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, you find out what’s new with SU HERE
Thanks for scrolling to the end!
Today (May 8th), I am attending my daughter Sarah’s graduation from medical school. My heart is full and I can promise you that I will need lots of tissues to get through the ceremony. It will be even more special for us since her father will be on the stage with her to put her hood on. It’s a tradition for the parent who is also a doctor to be part of the hooding ceremony. So, what’s next for Sarah, you ask? She starts her dermatology residency on June 1st; Year 1 she will stay in Indianapolis and the following 3 years she will be in Milwaukee. We couldn’t be happier that she will stay close to us in Chicago!
Finally, I thought you might enjoy seeing the graduation card I made for her! It’s a simple gift card holder, so we can tuck in a little “sumthin sumthin” for her special day.
Your card is so lovely, Debbie, but today your daughter outshines it and she is deservedly the star of your post. Congratulations to her and to her very proud parents! May she have a long and successful career! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell
important day in the family happy birthday to you parents and congratulations to your daughter. the card is wonderful you gave depth by placing flowers and daughters on different levels compliments. Thank you for playing Stamp Act Krafty Chicks.
Debbie, your card and daughter are so awesome! It must be wonderful to have two doctors in the house. If I lived near you, she’d be my new dermatologist down the road 🙂
Love seeing all your beautiful cards. congratulations on your daughter; wonderful achievement!
That card is lovely and congrats to your daughter! What an achievement.
Congratulations to your family on the graduation of your daughter, what an accomplishment! Your card is lovely, I like the delicate florals and the deckled edge of the panel. Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge, we look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs soon!
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Congrats! Your spine might have shivered but you did it! Love the simplicity of this card and color choices!
PS- such a nice pic of Sarah! I wish I lived closer as I need a new dermatologist! And her card is CAS, too!
Lovely lovely card! The deckle edge is perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge this month.
It’s beautiful, Debbie! Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!
613 Avenue Create DT
Creative Em my blog
Very cheery and bright! Thanks for stopping by A Place to Start !
Chana Malkah, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
A Place to Start , Challenge Blog
613 Avenue Create , Owner
Beautiful card! You’ve inspired me to use this bundle that I recently received but haven’t used! Congratulations to your daughter and the whole family! What a remarkable accomplishment! I’m crying just thinking about what an amazing day that must have been for all of you!