Welcome to the Fun Folds Blog Hop with Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators!!
We have a great lineup of fun fold crafters so I hope you enjoy the inspiration this month. Today I created an interesting fun fold that JanB. called the Shaded Gatefold. I have seen a few cards with the fold on the left side, but doing both sides seemed even more fun! So, I have written out my tutorial as best I can to help you create it yourself. Best advice? Don’t be in a hurry to finish and you will love the results! This fun fold is such a great one to try since it stands up so nicely plus it gives you a few places to embellish. I started out using the Inked & Tiled stamp set because I just got it in my last order and couldn’t wait to ink it up. Then, I thought another new purchase, the Textured Floral bundle, would add some pretty panels as well, so I inked up one of the flowers for the top panels.
- Firstly, the card base is 11″ x 8-1/4″ and scored at 2-3/4″ on both 8″ sides and the top 11″ side.
- Measure and mark at 5-1/2″ on the top 11″ side, then score from that mark to the 5-1/2″ mark on both 8-1/4″ side, make sure that your score line goes through the intersecting score lines.
- After that, I made:
- 2-1/2″ squares (4)
- 2-1/2″ squares cut on the diagonal (2 – be careful to cut them correctly if your paper has a vertical or horizontal pattern)
- Long panels on the sides: 5-1/4″ x 2-1/2″. I drew a pencil mark of the diagonal from the card base onto the DSP, then trimmed it so I knew it would be right. Then, I trimmed a smidge off of the bottom of each panel.
- Top of the card: 3-1/2″ square, cut diagonally. The remaining piece was then cut again and made pretty good pieces for the triangles next to the larger one, after trimming off a smidge.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Once the card base was complete, all I had to do was pretty up four small panels with flowers. Easy, right?! Firstly, I used the same Inked & Tiled stamp with the two ink colors, Calypso Coral and Petal Pink for the two bottom panels.
- Then, I stamped the sweet flower from Textured Floral with the same colors, 3 each. They were glued and popped up on the top two panels.
- Finally, I added Polished Dots to the flowers.
Then, on the inside…
- Cardstock cut to 5-1/4″ square and white cardstock cut to 5-1/8″. After that, I stamped the pretty floral in Petal Pink, adding a couple of Polished dots. I will add a sentiment later when I’m ready to send it.
I’m sharing my card with some/all of these challenges:
- 613 Avenue Create
- A Place To Start
- Beautiful Blossoms
- Crafty Catz
- Cut It Up
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies Challenges
- The Paper Funday
- A Perfect Time to Craft
BEFORE YOU GO!
I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment if you have any questions or comments about my project today.
Now, head to the Lineup below to see even more fun fold inspiration!
- Rae Burnet
- Beth McCullough
- Karen Finkle
- Debbie Mageed <<<You are HERE!
- Lisa Ann Bernard
- Tara Carpenter
- Sue Jackson
- Shirley Gentry
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Firstly, visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Enter the Creative Creases Challenge HERE with any fun fold card!
- Then, complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, you find out what’s new with SU HERE
Debbie, Petal Pink and Calypso Coral really complement each other. I love this fold and have never done it. Off to the drawing (or cutting/scoring) board. I didn’t see your beautiful creation at Pammie’s Inky Pinkies but I’ll put on that hat for this anyway!
Really pretty card…the colors and fold make it so interesting…saving it for a future card.
Beautiful card, Debbie. Thanks for all the tips about CASEing it. Enjoy your day
Wow awesome card Debbie. Love the colours. Hope you don’t mind if I try this.
Thanks for sharing your masterpiece Debbie. and the directions to try. Have a great day!
Gorgeous card! I love the fun fold design! TFS
Another lovely card. I really enjoy seeing what you are going to create next.
Wow! This one is a show stopper for sure! I love this card design! I’ve done something with a similar fold in one side, I’ve never tried it with folds on both sides, and I think the effect is just stunning! Thanks for sharing the template and instructions!
Debbie, your card is stunning. I have not tried this fun fold so will have to give it a try. Thank you for sharing such great instructions.
Debbie, your card is stunning. I have not tried this fun fold, so I will have to try it. Thank you for sharing such great instructions.
Gorgeous Debbie – interesting fold and you’ve used beautiful papers and images! Thanks for sharing it with us at 613 The Avenue Create, we are so happy you came to play on our street!
Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!
Wow, what a stunning fancy fold! The colors are lovely too. Thanks for the instruction, this is one I will need to try. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We look forward to more from you soon.
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
what a great card love all the folds you do and thanks for sharing at CRAFTY CATZ again
Oh my friend this is so unique and beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Beautiful Blossoms! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!
BEAUTIFUL BLOSSOMS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
What a beautiful card and great fun fold Debbie!! Have a wonderful weekend! 🙂
Very pretty!! And what a fun fold! I’ve not seen one like this before! Thanks for playing with Cut It Up Challenges.