A new Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge is starting today, and the theme is always Anything Goes with Dies. So, I just had to use the new Gorgeous Garden background die that I got in my last order. This die made such a pretty background in white but you could even cut designer paper with it for another pretty look. Then, I topped it with Cheerful Daisies flowers and a big butterfly for a little “life” on my card.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit the Happy Little Stampers Die Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
Let’s start with the card base…
- Firstly, the die has an opening of 5-5/16″ x 3-15/16,” therefore, I made an A6 card base from the New Lolly Lemon cardstock to give the die a generous frame around it. However, this die can still be used on an A2 card, so don’t let this dissuade you from the die.
- After that, I cut the delicate patterned paper from Bright & Beautiful paper to the same size as the die piece and glued them together.
And now, the fun part!
- Once that was done, I started stamping the flowers in Fresh Freesia and Lolly Lemon inks – finally a light, fresh yellow in our color families! Love it!! Then, I cropped them out with their coordinating dies.
- After that, I stamped the leaves in Soft Sea Foam and cut them out with the coordinating die, cut out the other sprig in white cardstock from the die and lightly colored it with the Stampin’ Blends marker.
- Next came the sentiment, which is my new go-to for birthday cards. Firstly, I stamped it in Soft Sea Foam, then I got out my new Nested Essentials dies and cropped it. After that, I cut another layer with Soft Sea Foam cardstock and glue them together.
- Then, I glued the sentiment down and began to build my flowers around it.
- I decided that the flowers should have something that was enjoying them so I reached into my bits box and found the large butterfly from the Winged Butterfly bundle (now retired).
- Finally, I added some Tinsel Dots to the butterfly and the card front was finished.
Then, on the inside…
- Then, to finish the card, I cut Soft Sea Foam cardstock to 4-1/8″ x 5-5/8′ and layered white cardstock cut to 4″ x 5-1/2″.
- After that, I stamped the sentiment from Sunny Sentiments (retired) in Soft Sea Foam ink.
- Finally, I stamped the flower trio stamp across the bottom with Fresh Freesia.
I’m sharing my card with these challenges:
- Beautiful Blossoms
- Birds, Butterflies & Blooms
- Critter Crazy
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday
- I Spy With My Little Eye (wings)
- NBUS ( Gorgeous Garden Dies are a first-timer!)
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies Challenges
- The Paper Funday
- A Perfect Time to Craft
- Seize the Birthday
- Use Your Stuff
Before You Go!
I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment if you have any questions or comments about my project today.
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Firstly, visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Enter the Creative Creases Challenge HERE with any fun fold card!
- Then, complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, you find out what’s new with SU HERE
It’s a fabulous time to join Stampin’ Up! For a limited time, you can get even more FREE products in your customizable Starter Kit. Sign up between 1–30 June and get
$125 USD $155 worth of products for only $99!