It’s time for a new Creative Creases challenge. Firstly, thanks to all those who participated in the last challenge! If you haven’t played in the challenge yet, I hope I can inspire you to join the challenge that’s starting today!
Once you’re finished here, check out the current Creative Creases challenge; just click the button below!
My Card Today
Today’s project is a variation of a card I made a couple of years ago using this Splitcoaststampers tutorial. I loved this fun fold but thought I could change it by making the “building block” into a tower. I need a Father’s Day card this month and my DH loves anything related to the ocean, so I used a few different stamp sets/bundles with most of them coming from He’s All That bundle. It’s a great one to have in your stash if you are ever in need of a masculine card.
Let’s start with the card base…
- Firstly, the card base was cut from Boho Blue cardstock to 10-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ and scored at 3-1/2″ and 7.”
- Panel Measurements:
- Front Panel: Cardstock – 3-1/4″ x 5-1/4″ and DSP – 3-1/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Middle and back panels: Cardstock – 1-3/4″ x 5-1/4″ (2) and DSP – 1-5/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Tower: Cardstock – 5-1/4″ x 6-1/8″ and scored at 1/2,” 1-7/8,” 3-1/4,” and 4-5/8″ and DSP – 1-1/4″ x 5-1/8″
Now, the FUN part!
- Front Panel: I stamped the big wave with Boho Blue ink, then used by blending brush to add a little more with a very light sponging of Misty Moonlight. After that, I cut the wave die with Silver Foil, glued it onto the stamped wave, and trimmed it to fit the front panel.
- Then, I stamped the sentiment from the He’s All That stamp set and cropped it out with one of the coordinating dies.
- After that, I made the two panels for the middle and back panels.
- Middle Panel: After stamping the seaweed onto the middle panel, I stamped and cut the shells and glued them at the bottom of the panel. Then, I stamped the sentiment from He’s All That and cropped it out with the coordinating die.
- Back Panel: After putting the panel onto the card base, I stamped the pelican stamp with Misty Moonlight ink and cropped it out. Then, I stamped the sentiment from A Grand Kid stamp set and cropped it out with the Timeless Label Punch.
- Tower: I stamped the coral on the bottom of the two towers panels, and the sentiments in Misty Moonlight, then cropped them out with coordinating dies. After that, I glued the tower onto the card, making sure that the card could close. Then, I glued the sentiments onto the tower, one on either side.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- 613 Avenue Create
- A Place To Start
- Critter Crazy
- I Spy With My Little Eye (wings)
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies Challenges
- The Paper Funday
- A Perfect Time to Craft
- Try It On Tuesday
BEFORE YOU GO!
I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment if you have any questions or comments about my project today.
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Firstly, visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Enter the Creative Creases Challenge HERE with any fun fold card!
- Then, complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, you find out what’s new with SU HERE