It’s time for a new Creative Creases challenge. Firstly, thanks to all those who participated in the last challenge! If you haven’t played in the challenge yet, I hope I can inspire you to join the challenge that’s starting today!
Once you’re finished here, check out the current Creative Creases challenge; just click the button below!
My Card Today
Today’s project is a Hexagon Pop-up birthday card that I found recently (I have the link below to the tutorial I followed). This fun fold was very easy and so much fun to make! All I did was put the card base together and make a simple panel for the sentiment from Charming Sentiments stamp set. If you’re interested in making one, I have simple and concise instructions below or you can also follow the link to the one I used.
Let’s start with the card base…
- Firstly, I used Beccy’s Place tutorial (HERE). This card folds flat to 6″ x 5″.
- Card Base Measurements:
- Hexagon: Cardstock cut to 2″ x 61/2″ (2) and scored at 2″, 4″, and 6″.
- Cardstock (contrasting color) cut to 1-3/4″ x 1-3/4″ (6)
- Designer Paper cut to 1-5/8″ x 1-5/8″ (6)
- Top Panel: Cardstock cut to 2″ x 10″ and scored at 2″, 5″, and 8″.
- I also made a back panel with contrasting cardstock cut to 2-3/4″ x 1-3/4″ and designer paper cut to 2-5/8″ x 1-5/8″
- Once that was done, I adhered the panels together, being careful to make sure it would lay flat for mailing.
Now, the FUN part!
- So, since the base is hexagonal, it just made sense to use the Countryside Corners dies for the focal point, right?
- Firstly, I stamped the sentiment from the Charming Sentiments stamp set in Berry Burst ink. Then, I cropped it out with the die and cropped out the bigger die with Berry Burst cardstock.
- After that, I cropped out two of the pretty floral dies so that I could glue them together.
- While the cropped piece was still intact with the cut cardstock, I lightly colored the flowers with the smallest blending brush. Then, I colored the rest with the Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends markers.
- After I glued the two pieces together, I glued them to the hexagon piece, then glued the entire panel to the card base so that the top was even with the top of the card base panel.
- Finally, I added the Tinsel Gems to the flowers and sentiment panel.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- 613 Avenue Create
- A Place To Start
- Ally’s Angels
- Beautiful Blossoms
- Crafty Catz
- Die Cut Divas
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday
- Happy Little Stampers Birthday
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies
- The Paper Funday
- Seize the Birthday
- We Love Stamping
BEFORE YOU GO!
I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment if you have any questions or comments about my project today.
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Firstly, visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Enter the Creative Creases Challenge HERE with any fun fold card!
- Then, complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, you find out What’s New with SU HERE
NEW Online Exclusive Products Available July 6th!!
Earning Period: 6–31 July 2023
Redemption Period: 1–31 August 2023
- There is no limit to the number of coupon codes you can redeem on an order during the redemption period. If using multiple codes, they must be separated by a space.
- Coupons may be redeemed one time only.
- Coupon codes may be redeemed for any product (excluding Starter Kits, demonstrator supply items, and Paper Pumpkin month-to-month subscriptions) from August 1–31, 2023.
Paper Pumpkin News…
Discover messages of friendship and loyalty in the flowers from the August Paper Pumpkin Kit! This kit includes 8 cards, 4 each of 2 designs, and 8 coordinating envelopes. The kit is special because of the way it uses the meaning of flowers. On each card, you’ll find a small inscription of what the flowers represent. As you craft with the included vellum and watercolor paper pieces, you’ll know you’re sending a message of encouragement and loyalty to your recipients.
Deadline to subscribe: Every month on the 10th
Click HERE to subscribe TODAY!