Welcome to the Fun Folds Blog Hop with Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators!!
Hi, Stampers! We have a great blog hop of fun fold crafters today so I know you will enjoy the inspiration this month. There’s a lineup below to make it easy for you to hop along and see all of the great inspiration from other creative SU demonstrators. This Joy To You Box Card is such a great one for you to try since who doesn’t love to receive Christmas cards all ready for display on the fireplace mantle?!
Firstly, this box card is simple and is great for making multiples. I couldn’t wait to make one using the new products from our new mini catalog, the sentiments are from Joy To You with the foliage from Magical Meadow. And look at the beautiful Joy of Christmas designer paper! So much to love about this one! It’s sure to be a favorite this year! And I think this box card could also take another layer of images behind the front panel, so I may be trying that out, too.
Let’s start with the card base…
- Firstly, here are the measurements for the A2 card base:
- 7-1/2″ x 4″ and scored at 1-3/4″ on both ends (you’ll need two).
- After that, I made panels with cardstock and designer paper:
- Front Panel: Cardstock 3-5/8″ x 3-5/8″ and designer paper 3-3/8″ x 3-3/8″
- Side Panel: Cardstock 3-5/8″ x 1-3/8″ and designer paper 3-3/8″ x 1-1/8″ (you’ll need two)
- Inside Panel: Cardstock 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ and designer paper 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″
- Back Panel: Cardstock 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ and white cardstock for personal message 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″
Now, the FUN Part!
- Front Panel: After making the panel for the front, I then cut the window through the front panel and card base with the largest Stitched Shapes square die.
- Side Panels: I glued them together, then added them to the front card base.
- Inside Panel: After that, I cut cardstock and designer paper and glued it to the back card base. Then, I stamped the Joy To You sentiment with Shaded Spruce ink and cropped it out with the Stitched Rectangle and popped it up onto the panel with dimensionals.
- After that, I turned my attention back to the front panel, stamping the foliage from Magical Meadow stamp set. Then, I cropped them out with their coordinating dies.
- Finally, I made a simple panel for the back of the box card, using Cherry Cobbler and white cardstock. After that, I stamped the Joy To You sentiment in Cherry Cobbler ink and stamped a little foliage in Shaded Spruce ink. Since I couldn’t decide what kind of bling to add, I think it will wait till later. Got a suggestion? Let me know in a comment!
Then, on the back…
Now, head to the Lineup below to see even more fun fold inspiration!
I’m sharing my card with these challenges:
BEFORE YOU GO!
I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment if you have any questions or comments about my project today.
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Firstly, visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Enter the Creative Creases Challenge HERE with any fun fold card!
- Then, complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, you find out what’s new with SU HERE
NEW Online Exclusive Products Available!!
September Paper Pumpkin news…
Express your love and gratitude in elegant style with the September Paper Pumpkin Kit inspired by Shelli! This kit includes eight treat packages (you can also use for small gifts) and eight miniature note cards with matching envelopes and specialty gold foil embellishments. Whether you’re needing a hostess gift, a sweet surprise for dinner guests, or have another reason to give love and thanks, this kit has you covered.
Plus, don’t miss the Thoughts of Thanks Journal! (Item #163270). It matches both the design and intent of the kit, giving you an even more personal way to document and express your gratitude. It’s available as an add-on, but only while supplies last!
- Available starting: 11 August, while supplies last
- Price: $15.00
- This add-on includes:
- 8″ x 10″ (20.3 x 25.4 cm) journal
- 2 specialty gold foil sticker sheets
- Gold-clip page marker