A new Paper Funday Challenge starts today with the theme “School Yard Fun” and I have the honor of being randomly chosen to be their Guest Designer this month! How exciting is that?! It’s a great prompt considering most schools are now back in session but the “yard fun” threw me a bit. So, I went digging into my stash to see what would be a suitable card for kids playing outside at school. My son always loved playing soccer so I went with that, using For The Win stamp set, which has other sports stamps, as well.
Did you know that today is the start of Stampin’ Up!’s newest holiday catalog? It’s got some fabulous new products and you will want to order them before they sell out! Plus, there are five beautiful new designer papers on sale while supplies last in the Online Exclusives section of the online store. I have a photo of them below for you to look at. Then, click on my Shop Now button to start your order!
Let’s start with the card base…
- Firstly, this card started with white cardstock, cut at 11″ x 4-1/4″ and scored at 5-1/2.”
- After that, I cut the card front with the Split Card Textures die (chosen because it looks like a goal to me) and backed it with the Fresh as a Daisy designer paper that looks like the sky on the inside of the card.
And now, the fun part!
- After that was done, I started building the rest of the scene:
- I stamped the soccer ball in black ink and cut it out with a small circle die. Then, I popped it up with a dimensional.
- I cut out and adhered some grass with Garden Green cardstock.
- I stamped the sentiment twice – once on white cardstock and again on Garden Green cardstock. The white sentiment was cut with the Deckled Rectangle die and a layer of Garden Green cardstock was layered behind it. Then, I fussy cut the “MVP” on the green cardstock, and glued it on top of the white one. After that, I popped up the sentiment with dimensionals.
- Lastly, I stamped the “win” banner on white cardstock and colored the area around the WIN with a Garden Green marker.
Then, on the inside…
- So, for the inside, I decided to make the card into a gift card/money holder with the Mini Pocket Envelope die. After cutting and assembling it, I made a little pop-up with a small piece of white cardstock, cut at 2″ x 2-1/4″ and scored at 1/2,” 1,” 1-1/2,” and 2.” I glued it down behind the gift card holder so that a personal message could be written behind it if I wanted. I could also add a personal message to the inside of the front flap, too.
- After that, I stamped the “hip hip hooray” in black ink, cut it out with the small stitched rectangle die and layered it onto Garden Green cardstock.
- I cut more of the Fresh As a Daisy designer paper to fit the front of the pocket (2-1/8″ x 2-7/8″) and stamped the trio of stars over and under the sentiment to finish the card.
I’m sharing my card with these challenges:
- Ally’s Angels
- 613 Avenue Create
- A Place To Start
- Crafting Happiness
- Die Cut Divas
- Happy Little Stampers Birthday
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies Challenges
- A Perfect Time to Craft
Before You Go!
I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment if you have any questions or comments about my project today.
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Firstly, visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Enter the Creative Creases Challenge HERE with any fun fold card!
- Then, complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, you find out what’s new with SU HERE
Online Exclusive! Brand New Designer Paper on Sale TODAY! Order Them While Supplies Last…
September Paper Pumpkin news…
Express your love and gratitude in elegant style with the September Paper Pumpkin Kit inspired by Shelli! This kit includes eight treat packages (you can also use for small gifts) and eight miniature note cards with matching envelopes and specialty gold foil embellishments. Whether you’re needing a hostess gift, a sweet surprise for dinner guests, or have another reason to give love and thanks, this kit has you covered.
Plus, don’t miss the Thoughts of Thanks Journal! (Item #163270) It matches both the design and intent of the kit, giving you an even more personal way to document and express your gratitude. It’s available as an add-on, but only while supplies last!
- Available starting: 11 August, while supplies last
- Price: $15.00
- This add-on includes:
- 8″ x 10″ (20.3 x 25.4 cm) journal
- 2 specialty gold foil sticker sheets
- Gold-clip page marker
Deadline to subscribe: Every month on the 10th