A new Alphabet Challenge starts today with the theme “L is for Literature” – in other words, a card that was inspired by a book. So, my card was inspired by The Kite Runner, written by Khaled Hosseini. What an incredible read this was for me! It takes you to Afghanistan, before and at the beginning of the Taliban, through the eyes of a child. For my card, I inked up a retired set, Kite Delight, a stamp set that I thought would be great for my stash but have never used. Then, I combined it with a new die for me, Patchwork Pieces. I love the easy pieces to glue to make this great background.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Alphabet Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
Let’s start with the card base…
- Firstly, this card started with Boho Blue cardstock, cut at 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2,” and scored at 4-1/4.”
- After that, I cut the blue sky paper from Fresh As A Daisy with the Patchwork Pieces die and carefully glued them down onto white cardstock, giving each piece a bit of a border. Although I started out with a quarter piece of cardstock, I trimmed it down to the size of the die pieces and measured 3-1/4″ x 4-3/4″ after trimming it.
- Once that was done, I layered it onto Daffodil Delight cardstock, cut to 5″ x 3-3/4.”
- Then, it was adhered to the card base.
And now, the fun part!
- After that, I stamped the kite in Daffodil Delight ink and fussy cut it out, which was super easy with its straight edges.
- Then, I stamped the sun with Daffodil Delight and colored the rays with the Light Daffodil Delight Blends Marker.
- Then, I stamped a cloud from the Cloud Punch and layered these all together onto the card base.
- I cut a long piece of white Baker’s Twine and tied it into a bow, securing the bow and both ends with a glue dot.
- Finally, I stamped the Kite Delight sentiment with Memento ink and cropped it out with the small Countryside Corners die.
I’m sharing my card with these challenges:
- Ally’s Angels
- 613 Avenue Create
- A Place To Start
- Crafty Catz
- Crafting Happiness
- Happy Little Stampers Birthday
- Krafty Chicks
- NBUS (Both the stamp set and dies have never been used)
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies Challenges
- A Perfect Time to Craft
- We Love Stamping
Before You Go!
I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment if you have any questions or comments about my project today.
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Firstly, visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Enter the Creative Creases Challenge HERE with any fun fold card!
- Then, complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, you find out what’s new with SU HERE
September Paper Pumpkin news… TWO MORE DAYS!
Express your love and gratitude in elegant style with the September Paper Pumpkin Kit inspired by Shelli! This kit includes eight treat packages (you can also use for small gifts) and eight miniature note cards with matching envelopes and specialty gold foil embellishments. Whether you’re needing a hostess gift, a sweet surprise for dinner guests, or have another reason to give love and thanks, this kit has you covered.
Plus, don’t miss the Thoughts of Thanks Journal! (Item #163270) It matches both the design and intent of the kit, giving you an even more personal way to document and express your gratitude. It’s available as an add-on, but only while supplies last!
- Available starting: 11 August, while supplies last
- Price: $15.00
- This add-on includes:
- 8″ x 10″ (20.3 x 25.4 cm) journal
- 2 specialty gold foil sticker sheets
- Gold-clip page marker
Deadline to subscribe: Every month on the 10th