A new Make My Monday challenge starts today with the theme “In the City,” so let’s see how you interpret this prompt. I know how you all enjoy a fun theme! For my card, I used the new Les Shoppes designer paper from the Let’s Go Shopping Suite to make a city scene. This paper is wonderful, then I paired it with a couple of sentiments from other stamp sets to make it into a cute birthday card.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit the Make My Monday Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
Let’s start with the card base…
- Firstly, I CASEd the fun fold card from the wonderful Patty Bennett HERE. Although I usually change things up when I am inspired by a card, I totally intended to do this one exactly. But, as fate would have it, I put the layers on upside down! I do like how mine turned out though.
- Card Measurements for an A2 card:
- Card Base: 4-1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 2-1/2,” 3-3/4,” 6-3/4,” and 8-1/4″
- Panel #1: Cardstock: 4-1/8″ x 4″ and DSP: 4″ x 3-7/8″
- Panel #2: Cardstock: 4-1/8″ x 3-1/4″ and DSP: 4″ x 3-1/8″
- Panel #3: Cardstock: 4-1/8″ x 2-1/4″ and white cardstock: 4″ x 2-1/8″
- The Card Base is folded: 2-1/2″ score line: valley fold, 3-3/4″ score line: mountain fold, 6-3/4″ score line: valley fold, 8-1/4″ score line: mountain fold. After that, I added the panels and began adding the fun stuff!
And now, the fun part!
- So, as I stated, I put the panels on in the wrong direction, so you might not want to do that LOL! But, once I put them all together (using the blue and white DSP). Then, I made a square with the Stylish Shapes dies out of Misty Moonlight and white cardstock.
- After that, I began fussy cutting various images out of the Les Shoppes DSP. Once that was done, I popped them up on the first panel and glued them to the second panel.
- Then, I stamped the “Happy Birthday” from the Something Fancy stamp set and punched it out with the Classic Label Punch.
- Finally, I stamped the “Have a Beautiful Birthday” from the Scenic Wonders stamp set and stamped it out with the Double Oval Punch. Then, I layered it onto the scallop oval with Misty Moonlight cardstock.
I’m sharing my card with these challenges:
- Ally’s Angels
- 613 Avenue Create
- A Place To Start
- Crafting Happiness
- Happy Little Stampers Birthday
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies Challenges
- A Perfect Time to Craft
Before You Go!
I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment if you have any questions or comments about my project today.
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Firstly, visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Enter the Creative Creases Challenge HERE with any fun fold card!
- Then, complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, you find out what’s new with SU HERE
September Paper Pumpkin news…
Express your love and gratitude in elegant style with the September Paper Pumpkin Kit inspired by Shelli! This kit includes eight treat packages (you can also use for small gifts) and eight miniature note cards with matching envelopes and specialty gold foil embellishments. Whether you’re needing a hostess gift, a sweet surprise for dinner guests, or have another reason to give love and thanks, this kit has you covered.
Plus, don’t miss the Thoughts of Thanks Journal! (Item #163270) It matches both the design and intent of the kit, giving you an even more personal way to document and express your gratitude. It’s available as an add-on, but only while supplies last!
- Available starting: 11 August, while supplies last
- Price: $15.00
- This add-on includes:
- 8″ x 10″ (20.3 x 25.4 cm) journal
- 2 specialty gold foil sticker sheets
- Gold-clip page marker
Deadline to subscribe: Every month on the 10th