A new Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge starts today, and the theme is always Anything Goes with Dies. I saw a slimline card recently and I decided to try to make one with the Magical Meadow stamp set and coordinating dies. The panels add some wonderful detail to this variation of a gatefold. And isn’t this paper beautiful?
Once you finish here, I hope you visit the HLS Die Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
Let’s start with the card base…
- Firstly, I found this slimline tutorial HERE
- These are the Card Measurements for my card:
- Card Base: 8″ x 8-1/2″ and scored at 2″ and 6″ on the 8″ side. DSP for the gatefold panels: 1-7/8″ x 8-3/8″ (2)
- Panel #1 (Left side): Cardstock: 6-1/2″ x 3″ and DSP: 6-3/8″ x 2-7/8″
- Panel #2 (Right side): Cardstock: 3″ x 4″ and DSP: 2-7/8″ x 3-7/8″
- Inside Panel: Cardstock: 8-3/8″ x 3-3/4″ and white cardstock: 8-1/4″ x 3-5/8″
And now, the fun part!
- Once that was done, the rest of the card was super fast and very easy!
- Firstly, I stamped the sentiment from the Magical Meadow stamp set in Pretty Peacock ink and cut it out with a Deckled Circle die. Then, I cut Moody Mauve cardstock with the 2-1/4″ Circle Punch and layered it underneath the sentiment.
- After that, I stamped the leaves in Pretty Peacock and Shaded Spruce inks, cut them out with their coordinating dies, and glued them to the panel before popping up the sentiment on top.
I’m sharing my card with these challenges:
- 613 Avenue Create
- A Place To Start
- Crafty Catz
- Crafting Happiness
- Krafty Chicks
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies Challenges
- The Paper Funday
- A Perfect Time to Craft
- Try It On Tuesday
- We Love Stamping
Before You Go!
I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment if you have any questions or comments about my project today.
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Firstly, visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Enter the Creative Creases Challenge HERE with any fun fold card!
- Then, complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, you find out what’s new with SU HERE
September Paper Pumpkin news… Sign up today!
Express your love and gratitude in elegant style with the September Paper Pumpkin Kit inspired by Shelli! This kit includes eight treat packages (you can also use for small gifts) and eight miniature note cards with matching envelopes and specialty gold foil embellishments. Whether you’re needing a hostess gift, a sweet surprise for dinner guests, or have another reason to give love and thanks, this kit has you covered.
Plus, don’t miss the Thoughts of Thanks Journal! (Item #163270) It matches both the design and intent of the kit, giving you an even more personal way to document and express your gratitude. It’s available as an add-on, but only while supplies last!
- Available starting: 11 August, while supplies last
- Price: $15.00
- This add-on includes:
- 8″ x 10″ (20.3 x 25.4 cm) journal
- 2 specialty gold foil sticker sheets
- Gold-clip page marker
Deadline to subscribe: Every month on the 10th