It’s time for a new Creative Creases challenge. Firstly, thanks to all those who participated in the last challenge! If you haven’t played in the challenge yet, I hope I can inspire you to join the challenge that’s starting today!
Once you’re finished here, check out the rest of the Design Team at the current Creative Creases challenge; just click the button below!
My Card Today
Today’s project is a 4-panel Fun Fold Card, which is so fun to make with scenery designer papers. I’ve been wanting to try this with the new One Horse Open Sleigh paper that is new to our Online Exclusives product line. Then, I used the sentiments from the Magical Meadow stamp set, which will be available for purchase on September 6th.
Let’s start with the card base…
- Firstly, I found this tutorial and used it as much as I could. I think she left out some details that would have been nice to have so I am adding my additions below.
- I made the card base, but I cut it wrong and didn’t catch it until writing up this blog post! I wondered why my panel measurements were so weird! So, I will give you the measurements for the actual card I made but you can change them to make an actual A2 card.
- Card Base: 5-1/4″ x 11-1/2″ and scored at 1/4,” 3-3/4,” and 7-1/4″ on the 11-1/2″ side. Then, on the 5-1/4″ side, I cut 5/8″ from the edge with 1/4″ score line to the 7-1/4″ score line to remove that strip of cardstock.
- The front panel is added to the other panels, so I cut more cardstock to 2-3/4″ x 3-7/8 to give that step down from the other panels. I had to cut off part of the 1/4″ flap to make it fit, so, if you are wanting to make this card, here is how I would change it next time: cut the card base to 5-1/2″ x 11-1/4″ and score at 3-3/4″ and 7-1/4.” Then, the front panel can be cut to 3″ x 3-7/8″ and scored at the 1/4″ mark on the 3″ side to adhere it to the first panel.
- Front Panel (back & front): Cardstock: 2-1/2″ x 3-5/8″ and DSP: 2-5/8″ x 3-3/4
- Panels 1 & 2: Cardstock: 3-1/4″ x 4-3/8″ (2) and DSP: 3-1/8″ x 4-1/4″ (2)
- Back Panel: Cardstock: 5″ x 4″ and DSP: 4-7/8″ x 3-7/8″
Now, the FUN part!
- So, after all of the panels were made and adhered to the card base, I stamped the sentiment and trees from the Magical Meadow stamp set in Misty Moonlight ink.
- Then, I added the Misty Moonlight Tinsel Gems for that little touch of bling.
Then, on the back…
- I was going to add two layers of cardstock on the back for a sentiment panel, but fell in love with the designer paper and decided to let it shine. So I just cut it to 5-1/8″ x 4-1/8″ and adhered it to the card base.
- Finally, I stamped the sentiment, cropped it out with the Deckled Rectangle, and popped it up with dimensionals.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Ally’s Angels
- Die Cut Divas
- Krafty Chicks
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies
- The Paper Funday
- A Perfect Time to Craft
- Try It On Tuesday
BEFORE YOU GO!
I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment if you have any questions or comments about my project today.
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Firstly, visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Enter the Creative Creases Challenge HERE with any fun fold card!
- Then, complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, you find out What’s New with SU HERE
NEW Online Exclusive Products Available NOW!!
September Paper Pumpkin news…
Express your love and gratitude in elegant style with the September Paper Pumpkin Kit inspired by Shelli! This kit includes eight treat packages (you can also use for small gifts) and eight miniature note cards with matching envelopes and specialty gold foil embellishments. Whether you’re needing a hostess gift, a sweet surprise for dinner guests, or have another reason to give love and thanks, this kit has you covered.
Plus, don’t miss the Thoughts of Thanks Journal! (Item #163270) It matches both the design and intent of the kit, giving you an even more personal way to document and express your gratitude. It’s available as an add-on, but only while supplies last!
- Available starting: 11 August, while supplies last
- Price: $15.00
- This add-on includes:
- 8″ x 10″ (20.3 x 25.4 cm) journal
- 2 specialty gold foil sticker sheets
- Gold-clip page marker