Festive Flurry has got to be one of the most fun items to play with from the Stampin’ Up! Holiday mini-catalog. I know that this catalog is now officially over, but GUESS WHAT! This stamp set and coordinating framelits have been carried over so you can continue to order them. If you don’t have them yet, you simply must get them before they are gone. I LOVE THEM!
I made this wreath for the Creative Crew Challenge. I mentioned in my last post that these challenges run for the entire month of January so I really hope you will get your supplies out and play with us! This is the challenge for the wreath:
CCREW0114HF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM — Holiday focus: January is National Hobby month, share something crafty besides a card, it can be a wreath, a banner, a tablescape, or picture frame, a headband, some jewelry, something crocheted with our crochet thread, it’s totally up to you.
This wreath began by wrapping it with the retired Pink Pirouette 1 1/4″ ribbon (retired but still available in the Clearance Rack while supplies last) . I made 6 of the Festive Flurry ornaments (sorry! these don’t seem to be available anymore but can be made easily) but instead of laying them down flat after scoring them, I let them “stand up” for more height and dimension. I topped them off with my favorite embellishment, Frosted Finishes Embellishments. The snowcouple are so cute! After they were completed, I made a little banner that I just knew the snowcouple would want to say. They sure are safe in my world – it’s been snowing for a month with no end in sight!
It’s All in the Details
- Stamps: Best of Snow (134387), Pennant Parade (Wood 128697 Clear 122742)
- Paper: Pink Pirouette (111351), Pool Party (122924)
- Ink: Pink Pirouette (126956), Pool Party (126982), Silver Metallic Encore (132142)
- Cool Tools: Framelits: Circle Collections (130911), Chalk Talk (129983), Hearts A Flutter (130159); Punches: Petite Pennants Builder (122361), Owl Builder (118074), Large Oval Punch(119855), Star Punch (retired), Snowflake Punch (retired)
- Finishing Touch: Pink Pirouette 1 1/4″ Ribbon (retired), Festive Flurry Ornament Kit, Frosted Finishes Embellishments (132150), Basic Pearl Jewels (119247), 1/8″ Mini Brads (122941), Basic Metal Buttons (133319)
Here are some close-up photos:
I hope you liked my wreath today! I love to step on my soapbox to proclaim that this hobby is so much more than just cards. What would you like me to try next? Any suggestions? If you liked my wreath, I would love you to leave a comment! And don’t forget to sign up for email notifications and “like” my Facebook page! I hope you come back soon to see my third challenge project (NOT a card!) So, till next time,
Keep calm and craft on!