This stamp set, Fast-Food Friends, makes me laugh every time I see it! My daughter’s best friend eats everything with Ketchup so this stamp set is just for her. It has some really cute sentiments that coordinate perfectly with the adorable Ketchup and Mustard bottles, too! I am working on using all of my stamp sets. Yes, that is a little daunting, because I, as most stampers, have my favorite sets that I seem to use over and over. I love the other sets, so it’s time they get inked up and have their time in the spotlight!
This card started out from looking at The Paper Players‘ challenge today. What a cool way to get your creative juices flowing, right?! I finally decided to go with the left-hand vertical row: Birthday, Yellow, Patterned Paper. I found the Daffodil Delight paper in the Sweet Taffy DSP, which set the tone for the rest of the project. With the DSP chosen, I then wanted something bright and fun, so I chose Bermuda Bay and Strawberry Slush. It was the Strawberry Slush that made me think about doing the Fast-Food Friends, since it is pink but not too pink. I really think it made a cute Ketchup! When I showed my daughter my almost-finished card, she loved it! She thinks that the banner is in the shape of a hot dog, which would not have occurred to me in a million years! What do you think?
Then, as I was about to start this blog post, it dawned on me that I couldn’t make a fast-food themed card and NOT make the fry box to go with it. It just wouldn’t be right! So I cut out the fry box in Bermuda Bay and the Sweet Taffy DSP. I layered the DSP on the back portion of the box, then finished it up. It seriously was together in just a couple of minutes! I love the sentiment from So Very Happy because you can color the letters to match any card you are doing. I just punched it out with the Large Oval Punch, layered it with the Decorative Label Punch and added some candy dots. Done in no time flat!!
- Stamp Set: Fast-Food Friends, Fabulous Four, So Very Happy
- Paper: Sweet Taffy DSP, Bermuda Bay, Strawberry Slush, Whisper White
- Ink: Daffodil Delight, Strawberry Slush, Bermuda Bay, Memento Black
- SU Tools: Fry Box Bigz L, 2″ Circle Punch, 2 3/8″ Scallop Punch, Large Oval Scallop Punch, Decorative Label Punch
- Finishing Touch: Brights Candy Dots, Pearls Basic Jewels, Daffodil Delight 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon (retired)
- Paper Pumpkin monthly subscription: Save 50% on your first two months. There is NO contract and can be cancelled at any time, but you won’t want to cancel once you see the wonderful projects and great value. Promotion ends September 10th so hurry to www.mypaperpumpkin.com today!
- Weekly Deals: Check out this latest group of products on sale HERE. It’s a brand new group today so check it out!
- Place your order from the HOLIDAY CATALOG! Get your list and order before your favorite items are backordered. My SHOP button on the right sidebar takes you straight to my 24/7 store or email me and I will be glad to place your order for you. Let me know if I can help you!
- Now until Oct. 31, you will be able to earn an exclusive Good Greetings Stamp Set when your party reaches $300 -that’s in addition to the other exciting benefits! That’s right, a FREE stamp set in addition to all the other exciting and generous benefits you get when you host a party from Aug. 28 to Oct. 31! This versatile stamp set covers holidays from Halloween to Valentines and more. Contact your friends today and let’s schedule a party!
So, I hope you liked my card today! If you did, please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! And while you are at it, please sign up for email notifications (usually no more than 2-3 per week) and also “like” my Facebook page (I don’t flood your Newsfeed either). You can do both of those right here on the right sidebar of my blog. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at Debbie@SecretStamper.com any time. Thanks for coming to my blog today! Until next time,