There’s very little that I don’t love about being a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, but the one thing I love the most is ordering from the new catalogs earlier than customers. It never gets old for me and I have been doing it for 6 years now. I absolutely LOVE it!! This catalog has so many wonderful items in it and the card I made today is showcasing one of my favorite bundles. It is the Seasonal Lantern bundle, which you can save 10% when you order the stamp set and framelits together. I have some great occasions ahead to use it for but I am looking forward to Autumn right now.
It’s All in the Details
- The card base is Tangerine Tango, then layered with Very Vanilla and Cajun Craze (after it was embossed in the new Garden Trellis TIEF).
- A piece of Painted Autumn DSP was cut and adhered to the card base.
- Next, I first stamped the outline of the lantern and then stamped the second stamp that filled it with Tangerine Tango. That was easier than doing it the other way! Then, it was cropped out with the Lantern Framelit.
- The candle was stamped on Soft Sky cardstock with Soft Sky ink, then cropped out with the candle framelit. The flame was colored with Cajun Craze, Tangerine Tango and Crushed Curry markers.
- The sentiment was inked in Cajun Craze and cut into a banner and popped up with dimensionals.
- The Finishing Touch was making a bow with Soft Sky ribbon and a tassle from the Mini Tassle Assortment. This card was so much fun to make! I can’t wait to use this bundle again for the holidays!
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Seasonal Lantern (available September 1st!!)
- Paper: Painted Autumn DSP (available September 1st!!), Tangerine Tango, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla
- Ink: Cajun Craze, Tangerine Tango, Soft Sky
- SU Tools: Lantern Builder Framelits (available September 1st!!), Layering Oval Framelits, Garden Trellis TIEF
- Finishing Touch: Soft Sky 3/8″ Classic Weave Ribbon, Mini Tassle Assortment
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products
It’s time for another challenge at Retro Rubber already, can you believe it? I decided to use the new sketch challenge to make my father’s birthday card, who will be turning 88 years old in September. The sketch made me think of a photograph so I pulled out In the Meadow, a stamp set that I truly love for a masculine card! It came out in the 2016 Occasions Mini Catalog and made it into the annual catalog the same year but just retired. The sentiment is from a brand new stamp set, Happy Birthday Gorgeous in the 2017-18 Annual Catalog. I love the font! On the inside of the card, I used the sentiments from Best of Birthdays, the January 2013 Best of 25 Years stamp set and Blessings from Heaven from the 2011-2012 Annual Catalog.
It’s All in the Details
- I made this card base larger than the A2 size: it measures 5 3/4″ x 9 1/4″ and scored at 4 5/8″. The Early Espresso layer measures at 5 3/8″ x 4 1/4″.
- Whisper White cardstock, cut to 5 1/4″ x 4″, was stamped, colored and sponged with inks and Copic markers. Then, it was layered onto the Early Espresso cardstock and adhered to the card base.
- The deer stamp was inked with Soft Suede, then colored with Copic Markers. After I was satisfied with the image, it was cut out with the Stitched Square framelit. A Crumb Cake scrap was cut out with Layering Square Framelits.
- The sentiment was stamped in Soft Suede and the stamp that coordinates with the Classic Label Punch was inked in Pear Pizzazz then punched out. It was then adhered to the card base with dimensionals.
Quick List of SU Products Used
- Stamp Sets: Happy Birthday Gorgeous, In the Meadow, Best of Birthdays, Blessings from Heaven
- Paper: Pear Pizzazz, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake
- Ink: Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Pear Pizzazz
- SU Tools: Layering Square Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Classic Label Punch, Layering Circle Framelits, (Copic Markers: E43, G82, B0000)
Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much-loved older stamps out and play along! Read the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, August 25th.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligible as one of our Top Five winners, you may not have submitted to more than 10 total.
Thanks for coming to my blog today! Please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin Up! Products
In The Meadow Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Blessings From Heaven – Clear-Mount Stamp