Time went so quickly with our last challenge, probably because Anything Goes is such a fun challenge. I hope you got to see the beauties that were in our gallery! Wow, they were all so great! Our next challenge is a super inspiring sketch. There’s no way you can’t use this one for your next card, so play along with us, using a stamp that’s over a year old. My stamp is from Stampin’ Up!’s Best of 25 Years series in 2013. They released a new stamp set every month for the entire year, bringing back their best stamps from over the years. Because I was so new to stamping, I made sure I got each one and will always cherish them. The sentiment on my card is from Best of Greetings, which was the June 2013 release.
I love to mix and match old stash with brand new products to breathe new life into them. The new Coffee Cups Framelits with its coordinating Coffee Break DSP was the perfect match. My friends all know how much I love coffee! Tea is great but upsets my stomach (is that TMI?) except in the afternoon. However, I can drink coffee any time. So, which one do you like most?
It’s All in the Details
- This card started by cutting Soft Sky card base to 4 1/4″ x 11″. The Soft Suede cardstock was cut to 4″ x 5 1/4″. I chose the two patterns of DSP and cut the first one to 1 3/4″ x 3 7/8″ and the second to 3 5/16″ x 3 7/8″.
- The Coffee Cups Framelits were used to cut two each of the pieces in Soft Sky, Soft Suede, Whisper White cardstock. They were all sponged in Sahara Sand, pieced together and popped up with dimensionals.
- The sentiment was stamped in Soft Suede and cropped with the oval Stitched Shapes Framelits. These framelits are constantly on my Big Shot table now – truly indispensable! It was also sponged around the edges with Sahara Sand then adhered to the card base.
- The Finishing Touch: new Soft Sky Classic Weave Ribbon, tied into a bow (you will love this ribbon!) was glued down with Tombow. The new Touches of Nature Elements were topped with Soft Sky Enamel Shapes and also glued down. DONE!
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Best of Greetings
- Paper: Coffee Break DSP, Soft Sky, Soft Suede
- Ink: Soft Suede, Sahara Sand
- SU Tools: Coffee Cups Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits
- Finishing Touch: Soft Sky 3/8″ Classic Weave Ribbon, Subtles Enamel Shapes, Touches of Nature Elements
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much-loved older stamps out and play along! Please READ the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, June 30th.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligible as one of our Top Five winners, you may not have submitted your project to more than 10 total.
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products