We had such a fun time looking at the beautiful wedding/anniversary/love card submissions for the last challenge and really appreciate our followers who play along with us. But, now we are on to the next challenge! This one is using all of the colors of the rainbow so have some fun with it! I couldn’t get the image of balloons out of my head when I saw the inspiration photo so that is exactly what I did. The Day of Celebration stamp set came out in the 2014 Annual Catalog and Balloon Builders debuted in the 2016 Occasions Catalog and just retired. The look of watercoloring on these bright balloons couldn’t be easier with this stamp set, which I sure appreciate!
It’s All in the Details
- I pulled all of the ink colors that I wanted to use for the balloons and got them stamped and punched out with the convenient Balloon Bouquet Punch.
- Then, I started choosing card base and layering colors with my cardstock. For some reason, I liked the muted colors better than the brighter ones, so Pear Pizzazz is the card base, followed by a layer of Perfect Plum topped with So Saffron, which was run through the Festive TIEF at an angle for an interesting touch.
- The tag was stamped in Old Olive and cut out with the coordinating Chalk Talk Framelits. The Pacific Point banner was cut out with the Bunch of Banners framelit and layered behind the tag and adhered to the card base. Then, the balloons were added to the card base.
- Finishing Touch: a bow was made from the Pear Pizzazz 1/4″ Cotton Ribbon and added to the tag.
- This card was really fast and easy – my favorite kind – and exactly what a summer birthday needs!
Quick List of SU Products Used
- Stamp Sets: Day of Celebration, Balloon Builders
- Paper: Pacific Point, Pear Pizzazz, Perfect Plum, So Saffron
- Ink: Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pacific Point, Perfect Plum, Read Red
- SU Tools: Festive TIEF, Bunch of Banners, Chalk Talk Framelits, Balloon Bouquet Punch
- Finishing Touch: Pear Pizzazz 1/4″ Cotton Ribbon
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you didn’t see my post yesterday, you should check out my Special Offer on my Retired Stamp Sale and then go HERE to see what’s available. Please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin Up! Products