We all loved the cards submitted to our last color challenge! Did you see them?? Just wonderful! We are now onto our next challenge that is everyone’s favorite – Anything Goes! You have absolutely no excuse not to play along! Your older stamps are begging you to ink them up so let’s see what you can do with them. Only one stamp needs to be older than one year, which makes it fun to use with your new stamps and products. My card today used three stamp sets: Guy Greetings, originally from the 2015 Occasions catalog and still available in the annual catalog, Pop of Paradise from 2016 Annual Catalog, which is also still available, and World of Dreams from 2014 Annual Catalog.
My husband was the inspiration for this card. I hope he likes it! I thought he might be getting sick of nautical cards! LOL I am entering into the challenge with Crafty Cardmakers #190 Challenge: For a Special Man/Boy or Father’s Day as well as SUO Challenges’ #176 – Out in the Garden challenge. I hope you will check them out and play along with me!
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Guy Greetings, Pop of Paradise, World of Dreams
- Paper: Pear Pizzazz, Early Espresso
- Ink: Early Espresso, Pear Pizzazz, Garden Green, Crumb Cake
- SU Tools: Stitched Shapes Framelits
- Finishing Touch: Subtles Enamel Shapes, Linen Thread, 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much loved older stamps out and play along! Please READ the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, June 16th.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligible as one of our Top Five winners, you may not have submitted your project to more than 10 total.
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products
World Of Dreams Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Update! My card was chosen as an Artist Pick at Hand Stamped Sentiments!
I have a fast post for you today. My dad is 87 years old and has had some health issues lately, which has made him feel a little down in the dumps. I got into my craft room to make a quick card to send him. It’s so hard to be far away, but I hope my calls and this card let him know just how much we love him.
It’s All in the Details
- The card base is Mint Macaron cut at 4 1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″. I tried using Pool Party to match the ink, however, since I had stamped the sentiment and water stamps twice, Mint Macaron actually matched it much better. Who knew!?! It’s just one more reason that I will miss it being a current color in the SU color line-up.
- I started stamping with the High Tide stamp set onto Whisper White cardstock, cut at 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″. The lighthouse was stamped twice so that the second one could be popped up on dimensionals. The sentiment is from Colorful Seasons, a brand new stamp set in the upcoming annual catalog. Sahara Sand was used to sponge over the edges of the card front. After I was happy with the look, I layered it onto Watermelon Wonder cardstock and adhered the entire panel onto the card base.
- Inside: The nautical theme was carried over to the inside. I decided to use the sentiment from Beautiful You and cut it out with retired Handpicked framelit dies. The seagulls were an afterthought so I stamped them with Sahara Sand and VersaMark then heat embossed in Clear Embossing Powder. Next time, I will stamp them first and mask them.
Quick List of SU Products Used
- Stamp Sets: High Tide, Colorful Seasons, Beautiful You
- Paper: Mint Macaron, Watermelon Wonder, Sahara Sand, Whisper White
- Ink: Pool Party, Watermelon Wonder, Peekabo Peach, Sahara Sand, VersaMark
- SU Tools: Handpicked Framelits, Clear Emboss Powder
I just found Hand Stamped Sentiments and wanted to play along with their color challenge. I would also like to submit it to SUO Challenges who are having a Mainly Masculine challenge. Please go check out these great challenge blogs and play along with me!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! Please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin Up! Products
Handpicked Framelits Dies