We had the best time looking at all of the fantastic entries for our Anything Goes challenge! Wow, you crafters are so talented! Our next challenge is great because you can pull whatever you want from the photo inspiration. Like the images? Great! Love the colors? Wonderful! You get to decide what you love about this theme. Just remember to use at least one stamp that is over a year old. Nature’s Perfection was from Sale-A-Bration back in 2015 and I had never used it. No reason at all, because I really love it! I paired it with Perennial Birthday, which is a new stamp set in the current Occasions catalog. Coloring the flowers was super fun and fast with my Stampin’ Blends! The butterfly was inked up in Bermuda Bay and then Clear Wink of Stella was used all over the butterfly to make it sparkle, but you can’t it that in these photos. Wink of Stella actually picks up a tiny bit of ink and adds just a smidge (very technical crafting term!) of color over the Whisper White. I like it!
My Secrets to Make This Perennial Birthday Project
I have been looking at this card to see what secrets I could give you and the biggest secret I have is one you can’t even see! The Big Shot Die Brush quickly pokes out the little pieces from that beautiful frame. I remember the “old days” of trying to remove them and refuse to go back! This tool is a must-have and sits in one of SU’s large DVD cases right beside my Big Shot for quick and easy removal of all of the tiny pieces! Even if it doesn’t remove every single one, the rest are so easy to get out with my other must-have, the piercing tool. This work is now done in a fraction of the time!
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Nature’s Perfection, Perennial Birthday
- Paper: Fresh Florals DSP Stack, Berry Burst, Pink Pirouette
- Ink: Bermuda Bay, Lemon Lime Twist, Memento Black
- SU Tools: Big Shot Die Brush, Butterfly Punch, Stampin’ Markers: Berry Burst and Lemon Lime Twist, Clear Wink of Stella, Stampin’ Blends: Pink Pirouette; Non-SU: Stitched Banners, Loopy Rectangle Frame Die by Gina Marie Designs
- Finishing Touch: Berry Burst Crinkle Seam Binding Ribbon, 1/4″ Organza Ribbon, Metallic Enamel Shapes
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- Make My Monday Challenge: Things with Wings
- The Rubber Buggy Challenge: Spring Time and/or Flowers
- Dragonfly Dreams Challenge: Pink
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much-loved older stamps out and play along! Please READ the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, April 20th.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligible as one of our Top Five winners, you may not have submitted your project to more than 10 total.
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards, even during Sale-A-Bration.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products