Welcome to the last Pals Blog Hop of 2014. This month we want to help you start your holiday wish list by sharing projects featuring our favorite Stampin’ Up! papers, stamps, tools and accessories. Get your wish list ready as you move along through the blog hop.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from September Gray at www.septembergray.com on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the project.
I hope you have enjoyed the Pals Blog Hop so far. I think I found a really fun project for you and even have a SNEAK PEEK from the upcoming Occasions Catalog! I found a cute project on Scor-Pal and adapted it easily to use the ready-made 2″ Tiny Treat Boxes (Item #135829) from the Holiday Mini Catalog! The boxes were so fun to decorate! Then, I stamped and did a little “Blendie” coloring on the holiday sentiment from Mingle All the Way, die-cut it with the Oval framelit, then put it on a layer of the Deco Label Framelit. I thought some ribbons would make it stand out, so I layered fringed Burlap Ribbon with Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon and Whisper White 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon. It still needed something to make it look “holidayish” so I stamped and cut out some Bright and Beautiful stars (so easy and quick with Photopolymer stamps and framelits) and trimmed out the sentiment. The last little detail was adding the December, just in case someone didn’t know when Christmas was! LOL Everything was adhered and it was done so amazingly fast!
Well, you know me! I can’t just stop at one! I decided to do a calendar for the entire year. This time I used the 2014-2016 In-Colors, Hello Honey and Mossy Meadow, picking DSP from the paper stack. Once the calendar base was made, I started stamping the sentiment from You’re Wonderful and Daydream Medallions, then cutting Floral Framelits. I fussy-cut and popped up the banners on the sentiment and added a bow and rhinestones. I also colored some of the flowers from the You’re Wonderful stamp set and adhered them to the sides. So – if you are interested in making these with the tiny treat boxes, here is how I made them:
1. Boxes: Already made! I used my bone folder on all of the seams and put the boxes together. I made two layers for each side; one was 1 7/8″ and the other was 1 3/4″. Numbers to make for the boxes are: Box 1: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and Box 2: 0, 1, 2, 7, 8 ,9. The 9 will also serve as the 6. I changed the Year Calendar just a little so that the date on the 15th of the month will show “2015” by switching out the 7 with the 5 on the boxes. It certainly isn’t necessary but I thought it was a fun touch!
I just got the brand new Perpetual Birthday Calendar Project Kit from the upcoming Occasions Catalog and wanted to show it to you. What a pretty way to organize your special dates to remember! I used the embellishments in the kit so you could see how fun it would look.
- Have you been to Stampin’ Up!’s Year End Close-out Sale yet? Click HERE or the SHOP button on the sidebar to my Stampin’ Up! store.
- Weekly Deals: Brand new Sale every week!! Check out the latest group of products on sale HERE.
Let me know if you have any questions. The next stop is Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you in 2015.
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Shannon Hokanson at Paper Works by Shannon
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin Sunshine
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- September Gray at www.septembergray.com
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper ⇐⇐ YOU ARE HERE
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Nancy Gleason at MyStampinSpace
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb…
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Amy Whelan at Amy’s Inklings
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Amy Williams at Stamps and Spice
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Susan Lankford at Stamp and Create With Susan
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Amy Hoptay at Inking of You!
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery’s Owlery
- Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- Rae Harper-Burnet at WildWestPaperArts.com
- Deb Cozzone at Deb Cozzone’s Stamping Zone
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossomWithBecky