Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for March 2017. Thanks for hopping by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring Spring or Spring related projects. We hope you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
Hello! I am so happy that you hopped by! This tutorial from the amazing mixed media artist, Autumn Clark, was my inspiration. I have been making projects for a couple of months with 6″ x 6″ canvases (you can see them HERE), and as soon as I saw Autumn’s I wanted to try it out. The spring theme for the Blog Hop just seemed like the perfect time to give it a go!
It’s All in the Details
- I took my white canvas and swiped Crumb Cake ink over all of the surfaces to give it a weathered look and let it dry. Then, the leaves stamp from Sheltering Tree was inked up in Pear Pizzazz and stamped all over the BACK SIDE of the canvas. Once that was dry, I cut up the canvas like a pie! I kept a 1″ border for each cut. Once that was completed, I curled the pieces with my bone folder and hot glued them back onto the front of the canvas and added Burlap Ribbon to the sides of the canvas.
- Next, I stamped four branches, five flowers, and one of each of the birds from Best Birds in Soft Suede and colored them with our new Watercolor pencils and blended with a blender pen. After they were all colored, they headed over to the indispensable Big Shot for a proper cutting with Birds & Blooms Thinlits.
- For the next stage, I found the pretty patterned paper from the Falling in Love DSP. This designer paper is stunning! It was trimmed till I could get it through the back of the canvas. I am pretty sure it was about 4 1/2″ square, but it was secured with hot glue before I thought about measuring it.
- Once the paper was in place, I took some more of the retired burlap ribbon and pulled each strand apart, bunched it up to make a messy nest and hot glued it in place below the canvas opening.
- Finally, I stamped the “MARCH” stamp onto a scrap of Whisper White, cut it out with a Stitched Oval Framelit, then cut out the Soft Suede cardstock with one of the Layering Oval Framelits.
- Now, the fun of gluing it all to the canvas. You can cover the back of the canvas if you’d like. I really love how this turned out and hope you do as well!
Quick List of Products Used
- Stamp Sets: Sheltering Tree, Best Birds, Project Life Day to Day, Card: Special Reason
- Paper: Falling in Love DSP, Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Card: Tip Top Taupe
- Ink: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake
- SU Tools: Watercolor Pencils, Birds & Blooms Thinlits, Layering Ovals Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits
- Finishing Touch: 1 1/2″ Burlap Ribbon, Tip Top Taupe 1″ Dotted Lace Trim, Gold Baker’s Twine
Best Birds Card
I also wanted to make a card with basically the same products just in case you wanted to see a card instead of home decor. I will send this card to my college kids (they get one each month) and hope they really like it. The details on this card are pretty evident but if you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment. Here are the two products together:
I appreciate you coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu.
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper << YOU ARE HERE
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme by Becky Retzer
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb…
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations