Climbing Orchid Sympathy Card
I found myself in a predicament recently. I usually have a sympathy card – and sometimes two – ready to send at a moment’s notice. However, not long ago, I got word of three people passing on the same day. I headed for my craft room and this is the card I made, using the brand new Climbing Orchid stamp set paired with Thoughts & Prayers and retired Blessings from Heaven for the sentiments. Climbing Orchid has coordinating framelits and you can save 10% when you purchase the bundle!
It’s All in the Details
- The card base is Fresh Fig cardstock cut to 4 1/4″ x 11 and scored at 5 1/2″. The patterned paper from Wood Textures was cut for a layer underneath the paper from Eastern Palace DSP.
- The largest oval framelit was used to cut the same paper from Wood Textures and adhered to the Eastern Palace DSP.
- Fresh Fig ribbon was then cut and tied around the DSP before adhering these layers together.
- I stamped the orchid stamps in both sizes (2 small and 1 large) in Fresh Fig onto Lemon Lime Twist, cut them with their coordinating framelits, then layered them together with dimensionals.
- The branch from Seasonal Layers Framelits was cut and glued down to the card base, then the orchids were arranged on top of the branches.
- The sentiment was stamped in Fresh Fig then cropped with a framelit.
- INSIDE: On Whisper White cardstock, the sentiment was stamped in Fresh Fig and three small orchids were stamped before adhering it onto the inside of the card.
Quick List of SU Products Used
- Stamp Sets: Climbing Orchid, Thoughts & Prayers, Blessings from Heaven
- Paper: Wood Textures DSP Stack, Eastern Palace DSP, Fresh Fig, Lemon Lime Twist, Crumb Cake
- Ink: Fresh Fig
- SU Tools: Orchid Builder Framelits, Seasonal Layers Thinlits, Layering Ovals Framelits, Banner Framelits
- Finishing Touch: Fresh Fig 1/8″ Sheer Ribbon
I found Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog with a Sympathy/Thinking of You challenge and would like to submit this card. I hope you will check out the great design team and play along with me!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! Please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!