I was working away on a couple of projects and happened to open the email from Hand Stamped Sentiments announcing their new color challenge: So Saffron, Always Artichoke and Night of Navy. I have never cleared my craft table so fast to work on a card before! There is something about that color combination that was just calling my name. I immediately chose Definitely Dahlia stamp set because I thought it would be beautiful in So Saffron. The rest of the card came together eventually, since I didn’t have a clear idea when this card would be used. It could also be a birthday card as well, but I loved the sentiment in So Many Shells so decided to use it now.
It’s All in the Details
- I think the card is pretty self-explanatory and certainly came together easily. I added one more color to their color combination, Crumb Cake. Hope they don’t mind!! That’s the color of the Burlap background stamp as well as the sponging on all of the edges.
- The bird was colored with colored pencils.
- If you have any other questions, please feel free to leave me a comment and I will be happy to reply very quickly.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets:Definitely Dahlia, Best Birds, Burlap, So Many Shells
- Paper: Night of Navy, So Saffron, Always Artichoke
- Ink: Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke, So Saffron, Night of Navy
- SU Tools: Birds & Blooms Thinlits, Layering Ovals Framelits, Bunch of Banners Framelits, Watercolor Pencils
- Finishing Touch: 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon, Regals Enamel Shapes
I am submitting my card to the following challenge blogs. I hope you will take a look at the design teams and play along with me!
- Cardz 4 Guys #178: Nature
- Hand Stamped Sentiments #273: Color Challenge
- Try It on Tuesdays: My Friend, Human, Animal, Imaginary
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!