Wow! We got to see such great cards for our Anything Goes challenge!! The Retro Rubber design team loves going to see all of the wonderful creations submitted to our challenges and you won’t believe how tough it is for us to only pick 5 submissions. Now, we are “traveling on” to another challenge and I know that you all will enjoy digging through your stamps to find the one that has been waiting to be inked up! The card I made for you used Pedal Pusher, which was a 2016 Sale-A-Bration stamp set and I have never used it before. The sentiment is from One Wild Ride, which debuted in the 2016-2017 Annual Catalog and is still available. This card will be sent to my daughter. This summer she redecorated her bedroom and there is a serious “bike” theme going on. Hope she likes it!!
It’s All in the Details
- This card started out by sponging Soft Sky ink on to Whisper White cardstock to make the sky background. Then, I stamped the bicycle stamp in Memento Black ink and colored it with watercolor pencils.
- Hills were made from Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive cardstock and adhered onto the Whisper White.
- The sun, clouds (from Gina Marie Designs) and the tree from the Card Front Builder Thinlits were all cut and adhered onto the cardstock.
- The sentiment from One Wild Ride was stamped onto the Pear Pizzazz, then the entire piece was adhered onto Whisper White cardstock. Lastly, the finished piece was adhered onto the Old Olive card base.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: One Wild Ride, Pedal Pusher
- Paper: Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron, Whisper White
- Ink: Memento Black, Soft Sky
- SU Tools: Card Front Builder Thinlits, Watercolor pencils, (non-SU: Gina Marie Design Dies)
I am happy to submit my card to the following challenges. I hope you will check them out and play along with me:
- Crafters Café: “Stitching – Real or Faux”
- A Gem of a Challenge: “Fun Outside”
- CAS on Friday: “Use a Die Cut”
- Come and Get It Challenge: “Anything Goes Fun“
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much loved older stamps out and play along! Please READ the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, October 6th.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year anddescribe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligibleas one of our Top Five winners, you may not have submitted your project to more than 10 total.
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!