I’m quite busy this week – making cards and getting ready for our vacation, all while having some remodeling done that makes routines nonexistent! I made this card for my older son’s birthday, which he responded upon its arrival “Who are you and what have you done with my mom!?” He thought these cute bottles were alcohol, which I would never condone, of course! LOL This is my first time using the Foil Frenzy Specialty DSP, and like that it could go well with a carbonated drink. The sentiment from Guy Greetings, a stamp set that must be in any collection for the men in our lives, was a great choice, don’t you think? Men don’t want all those words on their cards – they understand just by the fact that you made them a card that you care! They are so different from us ladies, but we love them anyway!! 🙂
My Secrets to Making This Guy Greetings Project
- I really like the layout of this card and it was easy to do with framelits! Using the DSPs to make those layers is a fun process as well. My secret is to choose one with a very small pattern and another with a large pattern. I also like them to have at least one coordinating color. If it seems too busy, add a neutral color between them. Voila!
- I love my cards to have texture and layers, even the stamped images. I don’t know if you can see the bottles here have the label that is popped up. Adding a little raised area really adds that extra touch and is so easy to do!
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Guy Greetings, Colorful Seasons
- Paper: Foil Frenzy Specialty DSP, Bubbles & Fizz DSP, Bermuda Bay, Crumb Cake
- Ink: Bermuda Bay
- SU Tools: Bunch of Banners Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Layering Squares Framelits, non-SU: Stitched Banners
- Finishing Touch: True Gentlemen Buttons, 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon, Linen Thread
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products