We loved all of the great submissions to our last challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments and hope you had a chance to see them as well. It’s time for a fun new challenge! When I saw the inspiration photo, I immediately knew that I wanted to use the Animal Expedition Suite for it – but guess what?! I haven’t been able to order yet! Yikes!! It’s wonderful and I really intend to get it but who can get everything they want at the same time? You gotta prioritize, right? Well, the good news is that I had gotten the DSP when it was on sale in July so I at least had something from the suite to fall back on.
My Secrets to Making This Animal Expedition Project
- I went to the catalog for inspiration. The Animal Outing stamp set has the “Wild about You” sentiment that I would have loved to use – if I had it, of course. My thoughts went to how to do it without the stamp set. The Eclipse technique popped into my head and I set out to create my very first one!
- Large Letters Framelits are excellent for this style so I certainly hope you have them by now. I lined them up straight on my DSP, using my T ruler to double check. You can never be too careful! I taped them down with washi tape and cut them out. Then, I cut the same letters out with black craft foam, and glued each of the letters together.
- After cutting the Call Me Clover cardstock as a layer behind the DSP, I adhered them together onto the Lemon Lime Twist card base.
- I cut “YOU” twice, once in Lemon Lime Twist and also in Call Me Clover and adhered them together.
- The retired Crazy about You stamp set had a stamp that said “ABOUT,” so I inked it up with the Call Me Clover marker. Once it was stamped, I cut it out with the retired Window Word Punch.
- After adhering everything down, my layer addiction made me do something with the left upper corner so I fussy cut some of the branches and adhered them to the card and added some ribbon that I knotted together as well.
- This card is very different for me, I think, but it certainly shows that you can still make a cute card when you don’t have everything in the catalog!
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Crazy about You
- Paper: Animal Expedition, Call Me Clover, Lemon Lime Twist
- Ink: Call Me Clover
- SU Tools: Large Letters Framelits, Celebrate You Thinlits, Window Word Punch, Non-SU: Black Craft Foam
- Finishing Touch: Call Me Clover 1/8″ Grosgrain Ribbon
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- Crafty Friends Challenge: Animals/Birds
- Crafting with Dragonflies Challenge: Guy Card
- Pile It On Challenge: New Technique and/or Oldest Stash
- SUO Challenges: Babies & Kids
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products