Are you ready for another fun challenge at Retro Rubber? I bet you are for this one – “Anything Goes” is everyone’s favorite! All you have to do is make a project with one stamp that is older than one year and upload it to our blog. How easy is that!? My card used Painted Petals from the 2015 Occasions Catalog and Watercolor Wings from the 2015 Annual Catalog, which retired this year. Both of these stamp sets are great and handy for many types of cards so will stay in my retired stash.
My Secrets to Making This Project
- Choosing Painted Petals first because of its lovely watercolored blooms, I looked through my designer papers and chose Tea Room Specialty DSP for its pretty and delicate patterns. Of course, if you follow me, you know how much I love Rich Razzleberry and the butterflies and floral design won me over.
- I used Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive to make the focal point. After cropping it with the Layering Squares Framelits and layering it onto Rich Razzleberry, I thought it needed some dimension so I took inspiration from the DSP and inked up the smaller butterfly from Watercolor Wings, one of my all-time favorite stamp sets. Trying to match the lighter color in the designer paper, I turned to Sweet Sugarplum – not an exact match but I really think it looks great here.
- The edgelit was cropped out and layered with the Lace Trim and Velvet Ribbon and adhered to the background layer then the entire panel was adhered to the Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Painted Petals, Watercolor Wings
- Paper: Tea Room Specialty DSP, Rich Razzleberry, Very Vanilla Thick
- Ink: Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Sweet Sugarplum
- SU Tools: Delicate Lace Edgelits, Layering Squares Framelits, Butterflies Thinlits, non-SU: Wonky Stitches Rectangle Dies
- Finishing Touch: Rich Razzleberry Velvet Ribbon, Very Vanilla Lace Trim, Basic Rhinestones
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- HeARTful Stamping Challenge: Anything Goes + a Stamp
- Penny Black and More Challenge: Something Beginning with “B” (Butterfly and Blossoms)
- Polkadoodle Challenge: Anything Goes
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much-loved older stamps out and play along! Only one stamp needs to be older than a year. Don’t forget to tell us how long you have had the stamps you used.
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products