I have some wonderful, exciting news! I have been invited to join the Stinkin’ Inkers Challenge! This is such a fun monthly challenge and you will love playing along. My first challenge is exactly what I am wanting to come – Falling Leaves: Use Fall Colors. Summer has been long and hot and I am ready for some cooler nights and shorter days. My card for you today started with stamping, coloring and fussy cutting the leaves from Blended Seasons. I did some experimenting, first with Distress Oxide Inks and then settled on my favorite – Stampin’ Blends. For the focal image, I brought out the brand new Many Blessings, a stamp set that I am sure to ink up often this season.
My Secrets to Making This Blended Seasons Project
- First, I heat embossed the leaves with copper embossing powder. Next, I colored the leaves with various colors of Stampin’ Blends, then did some shading with watercolor pencils. Once satisfied, I fussy cut them out, then took Crumb Cake ink and sponged the edges as well as using the Bronze Blends marker on the harder to reach areas.
- The focal image was done much the same way, but more with the watercolor pencils and Gamsol. Isn’t it fun to experiment with new stuff??
- Have you seen the new designer paper, Frosted Floral? It is spectacular with a lovely shimmery sheen on each and every pattern and is a definite Must-Have!! It’s goergous for the holidays but you will see that it will also be perfect all year round.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Blended Seasons, Many Blessings
- Paper: Frosted Floral Specialty DSP, Soft Suede, Pumpkin Pie, Very Vanilla Thick
- Ink: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, VersaMark
- SU Tools: Layering Circles Framelits, Stampin’ Blends: Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Bronze; Stampin’ Up! Watercolor Pencils
- Finishing Touch: 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon, Copper Embossing Powder
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards, even during Sale-A-Bration.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products