It’s time for another challenge at Alphabet Challenge – M is for Monkey, hosted by Janis. We all know someone who needs to receive a little monkey in the mail, don’t we? 😉 My monkey was so fun to make, using the Sizzix Animal Dress Ups dies. Pairing it with Animal Expedition DSP and a sentiment from A Little Wild, he is ready to brighten up my son’s day, who just started law school.
My Secrets to Making A Little Wild Project
- Choosing the colors I wanted for my little monkey (Soft Suede and Crumb Cake), I cut him out in both colors and paper pieced him together.
- The Crumb cake ears were trimmed down to fit inside the Soft Suede ears.
- The 3/8″ Circle Punch was used to make the pads on the hands as well as his nose in Basic Black.
- The rings on his eyes were also trimmed and then a small black piece of cardstock was adhered to the back for his eyes.
- The 7/8″ scallop circle punch cut a piece of Soft Suede to make a little tuft of hair/fur.
- His overalls were cut in Call Me Clover and run through the Subtle embossing folder for some texture (I’m telling ya, this folder is addicting!).
- All of the edges were sponged in Crumb Cake for a little definition.
- All pieces were adhered together.
- Then, two True Gentlemen buttons added.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: A Little Wild
- Paper: Animal Expedition DSP, Shaded Spruce, Call Me Clover, Lemon Lime Twist, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Basic Black
- Ink: Shaded Spruce, Crumb Cake
- SU Tools: Layering Ovals Framelits, Subtle TIEF, Sweet & Sassy Framelits, 3/8″ Circle Punch, 7/8″ Scallop Circle Punch, Greetings Thinlits, Crumb Cake Marker
- Non-SU Tools: Sizzix Animal Dress Ups Monkey Bigz Die, Sizzix Animal Dress Ups Sailor Outfit Die, Gina Marie Designs Stitched Border Dies
- Finishing Touch: True Gentleman Buttons
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- Die Cuttin’ Divas Challenge: Any Animal
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge
- Brown Sugar Challenge: All Creatures Great and Small
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards, even during Sale-A-Bration.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products