We are ready to move on to our new challenge over at Sisterhood of Crafters but, FIRST, a heartfelt thanks to all of you who played in my “Celebrate Spring” challenge. You always overwhelm me with your incredible talent! Sistah Vickie has chosen our next challenge and I’m sure you can appreciate it as much as I do, “April Showers.” I don’t have much in the way of rain stamps or supplies so I had to pull out a retired bundle, Weather Together and its coordinating framelits. I can’t wait to see what the gallery has in store so maybe I can add to my stash for the next one! 😉 Got a recommendation? Leave me a comment and I will check it out!
My Secrets to Making This Weather Together Project
- I wanted this card to be bright and cheery so I got out my watercolor paper and stamped the umbrellas in Stazon ink. The retiring In-Colors were the perfect choice! I colored quite a few umbrella with ink and my Aqua painter brush so I could chose my favorites at the end. Then, I used watercolor pencils to add more depth to each of the colors.
- The handles of the umbrellas were stamped onto Smoky Slate cardstock, cut out and given a bit of sparkle with Wink of Stella.
- The hearts were stamped in Berry Burst ink then the clouds (it’s actually the car exhaust stamp from Geared Up Garage!) were stamped in Blueberry Bushel, and cropped out with a cross-stitch oval framelit that I can’t find how or where I got it. But, I love the size and the texture of the stitching!
- Whisper White cardstock is cut with the Rectangle Stitched dies then run through the Big Shot with the Softly Falling embossing folder. The A6 card base got all its layers adhered, then the umbrellas were attached.
- Clouds were stamped in Smoky Slate and cut out with coordinating framelits. The sun was made by coloring Pineapple Punch ink onto WW cardstock and punched out with the 3/4″ circle punch.
- Finally, the sentiment was inked up in Blueberry Bushel ink and the banner from Gift Card Envelope & Trims cut it out. I curled it slightly on both ends with my bone folder and adhered it to the card base.
Retiring 2017-2019 In Colors
I am submitting this card to the following challenges and hope you will look at their wonderful designs then play along as well:
- Die Cut Divas Challenge: April Showers
- Pearly Sparkles Challenge: Flowers or Showers
- A Place to Start Challenge: Anything Goes
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code ZQDRKUZP when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly SS Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
- Save 10% on product bundles!
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save up to 70%!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
This is fabulous Debbie! What a wonderful, uplifting design! Great job! Have a great day!
There is so much wonderful crafting technique going on in this project it is difficult to pick just one outstanding one. That being the case, just let me say that the entire design is gorgeous! From embossing to coloring to layering and everything in between, you have created a bright, clean, and cheerful card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at A Place To Start Challenge Blog. We look forward to your next project.
Chana Malkah, Owner
A Place To Start Challenge Blog
613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog
Great umbrellas, Debbie. Love the design. Thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles this month for our “Flowers or Showers ” Challenge.
Debbie – This is truly a beautiful color combo…I may have to borrow it for an upcoming card of my own! : ) Thanks for joining us at A Place to Start!
Fantastic umbrellas and for our challenge. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our April challenge of using something with water such as rain, lake, ocean, streams, a dot of water on a petal, anything like that.
Fabulous card Debbie with those gorgeous umbrellas (I need one today as storms are moving in right now) a beautiful design! Sorry I am so late in getting here but the last couple of months have been ‘trying’…have a great day!!
What a great encouragement card to chase away the gray days whether outside or from the trials of life! Thanks for sharing your project at APTS blog! Becca/DT