Welcome to the Pals’ June Blog Hop. We’re so glad you’re here because we made some great projects using “Anything with Wings” You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal. Have you ever bought a stamp set and then just adored it from afar?? That was exactly how I reacted to the Beautiful Day stamp set. I love large stamp images but sometimes feel a little hesitant to jump right in and use them. This blog hop was the perfect opportunity to get it inky!
My Secrets to Making This Beautiful Day Project
- First, I just played with both images and tried different ways of coloring them. I love using different coloring techniques but there is just something so special about our Stampin’ Blends! I always get the results I want so that is what I used on my card today.
- Pairing this stamp set with the gorgeous new designer paper, Pressed Petals Specialty DSP, was an instant WOW, in my opinion. I decided to make a 6″x6″ card and then cut off half of the front flap so you could see the inside that was layered with the DSP. The front flap was embossed with the Tin Tile embossing folder to add some texture.
- I fussy cut the butterfly once it was heat embossed with white embossing powder and colored with the Stampin’ Blends. The small square of Rococo Rose cardstock was cut and layered with the pretty burlap DSP, then the butterfly was popped up with dimensionals on top of it.
- Mossy Meadow ink was used to ink up the sentiment, then cropped out with the Stitched Rectangle die. It was adhered to the layer with the butterfly. Before adhering it to the front flap, the Scalloped Lace Trim was placed and adhered with a few glue dots. Then, the square layer was adhered into place.
- The sentiment for the inside of the card was stamped, then I cut it out and layered it with Mossy Meadow cardstock to be just a little smaller than the square on the front.
Here’s a closer look at the Beautiful Day Card
Inside of the Beautiful Day Card
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, July 10, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share their “Mixing It Up” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Jill Killeen at Killeen House Studio
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian